Thrustmaster TX Handbrake help needed!

3 posts in this topic

Hello All, 

I hope this post is in the correct section. I recently purchased a Thrustmaster TX Racing wheel with the T3PA Pedals and TH8A Shifter. I'm more interested in drifting with this wheel then racing in Forza Motorsport 7 or Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox One. I've searched around for a handbrake and seen both Thrustmasters and Fanatec's. Thrustmaster's Handbrake I really don't have a interest for and currently aiming towards purchasing the Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake. I searched around everywhere on whether this handbrake is compatible or not, and can't find any topic specific to the game and hardware I want to use. Will the Fanatec Handbrake work with the Thrustmaster setup I have or will I have to purchase extra Hardware? 

Thanks!

To use the Fanatec brake I believe you would also have to purchase the USB adapter from Fanatec to use it with the Thrustmaster wheel.As long as you have a USB port open on the Xbox.Not sure if the brake works with the Forza game or not.

I would say get the tssh with the thrustmaster hub. I use my th8a as a handbrake by keeping the h pattern and inserting something uder the plate to activate the switch for sequential mode then rotate the shifter perpendicular. This is still not analog like the tssh tho. But the pc tssh handbrake is onsale for 159 then get the hub saving 30 dollars over the xbox tssh handbrake. The xbox will not accept usb input unless you get the hub for four thrustmasters devices. Or the xbox tssh for 279. 

There is another alternative called cronus max drive hub. But that setup plus the fanatec handbrake and usb adapter the price would be about the same. 

Check the flex on the handle of the fanatec over the tssh. Tssh i would suggest

Edited by ERACER