Setting up FANATEC setup 1st time, need help
2 2

19 posts in this topic

Finally setting up the fanatec v2 base, universal hub, shifter, ebrake and pedals. anything i need to know for getting it setup correctly? drivers, settings, anything that can help is appreciated. new to the fanatec world lol

Hello, Tony

Everything is easy to setup. First install everything on your rig/cockpit or mount it on your desk etc... download latest  Drivers from Fanatec Website. The drivers from V2 base will do the job for all devices, no need to download for every device. When Fanatec control panel icon appears go there to check everything is ok and workd proper. For calibrating shifter for H shifting check the shifter user guide - there is explainer well.

If you have any difficulties or other questions - you can ask anytime.! and Welcome to Fanatec world!;)

Perfect, this is exactly what I was looking for! I have everything plugged in via the wheel and pedals so I didn't know if it was necessary to download each driver for each item. Thanks! Hopefully ill have it setup today and if I have any questions ill let you know. Appreciate it. One last thing, I noticed the v2 is no longer on the website. Is the drivers available still?

Ok so the v3 pedals have a "wheel direct" on the box. Is this where I would plug the phone cable looking cord from that to the "pedals" on the wheel base? I read the v2s have 4x more resolution by plugging them in usb instead. Are the v3s the same?

14 minutes ago, TonyTunes said:

Ok so the v3 pedals have a "wheel direct" on the box. Is this where I would plug the phone cable looking cord from that to the "pedals" on the wheel base? I read the v2s have 4x more resolution by plugging them in usb instead. Are the v3s the same?

Yes, all Fanatec pedals which support USB connection are more precise on USB mode. Ofcourse you need extra USB port for that and ona  consoles you cant do that - you need to connect them to the base for console play. If you use consoles I recommend to use only to base connection - not to change from USB to base, because if you forgot to remove USB cable and plug in base other cable , so the both are connected to USB and base - it is possible to burn the Pedals PCB.

I just updated the firmware and it's telling me to recenter the wheel I can't figure any of this out PLEASE HELP! the buttons have no letters or anything on them I don't know what is what?!

15398328232771614904850.jpg

Got the shifter calibrated but I can't figure out the wheel calibration and the video posted on here is for the xbox hub. Mine is the clubsport one with no letters on the buttons. Also, handbrake for sure is not working through the wheel. Ill try it through the pedals tomorrow to make sure it works 😞

For the HB gotta be something maybe in the software panel to check that you connected a HB. For the centering chech on the hub user guide from Fanatec page which buttons to press for recentering the rim.;)