Is upgrade from CSL elite lc pedals to Clubsport V3 pedals worth it?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I have been reading the internet and this is what I think at the moment.

V3:s will give you better clutch and throttle pedal but the stock brake pedal is worse than CSL loadcell brake. I would really like better clutch and throttle but brake pedal is important also.

Using brake performance kit makes the brake better or same level with the CSL loadcell brake. But at the same time u lose all the adjustabilty. With brake performance kit you have stiff brake no way to make it lighter. With CSL loadcell brake I can easily change the brake from stiiff to light. I dont like the fact that you have to assemble the BPK and that you are stuck with one stiffness. And I have couple posts in the internet that say V3s brakes preload screw moves during driving so you end up with different brake stiffnes during race.

Is V3s stock brake pedal worse than CSL loadcell brake? Does the damper help?

Do you have problems with V3 brake preload screw moving during driving?

Is upgrade from CSL elite lc pedals to Clubsport V3 pedals worth it? 

rofl the csl elites aren't better than the v3s in any way shape or form. I've had both. And v3 inverted. Hence the price difference...... The build quality, the adjustment options, the whole pedal set in general is 10x better. I prefer the brake performance kit over the damper. to each its own but whoever told you the csl elites are better in any aspect have either not owned both or just got on google

20 hours ago, TonyTunes said:

rofl the csl elites aren't better than the v3s in any way shape or form. I've had both. And v3 inverted. Hence the price difference...... The build quality, the adjustment options, the whole pedal set in general is 10x better. I prefer the brake performance kit over the damper. to each its own but whoever told you the csl elites are better in any aspect have either not owned both or just got on google

Well, I had both too (and the V2's).

About the build quality (10 times better you say)...have you ever serviced your V3's ? I have, and despite being very cautious and using pro tools, I damaged several bolt heads. They are absolutely NOT top quality. I ended up replacing each and every one of them by high grade nuts & bolts adn then the set was OK for me. The guy whom I sold the set to is still using them and has no issues.

About performance and feel (I only used the extra damper on the brake - the performance kit was not yet available at that time): the clutch of the V3 feels marginally better than the CSL Elite, the brake...not much. Throttle difference was also marginal.

And yes: the preload screw does move.

I admit the V3's look fancier (and they can be inverted), but they did not make me faster. Moving to the Heusinkveld pedals did. And they are build to last, no gripes there.

Edited by Fanapryde