Build quality and overall feel - Fanatec Vs Thrustmaster
2 2

4 posts in this topic

DO NOT want to start a battle here. I’ve owned two T300’s, Logitech G27. Years ago I had a fanatec GT3 V2 RS. Now at the time I wasn’t real impressed by the fanatec. 

I always sell my gear then get the itch and start over, so I have the itch again. I have brand new T3PA Pro pedals in the box have had them for a year now. So I’m looking for a wheelbase. 

I am between buying a TS-PC, or trying the CSL Elite out. I hear they’re relatively the same. Is there a difference in quality and overall feel that would Persway somebody towards one over the other? 

Thanks racers!

On 10/11/2018 at 4:27 AM, Ennis09 said:

DO NOT want to start a battle here. I’ve owned two T300’s, Logitech G27. Years ago I had a fanatec GT3 V2 RS. Now at the time I wasn’t real impressed by the fanatec. 

I always sell my gear then get the itch and start over, so I have the itch again. I have brand new T3PA Pro pedals in the box have had them for a year now. So I’m looking for a wheelbase. 

I am between buying a TS-PC, or trying the CSL Elite out. I hear they’re relatively the same. Is there a difference in quality and overall feel that would Persway somebody towards one over the other? 

Thanks racers!

have the CSL E and have not used ts-pc racer hover had a tx prior to my cslE. But i dont think you are going to notice much of a difference. I will say the reason for going with the csl e is the quantity and quality of the rims available at fanatec vs thrustmaster. Unless they have done somethnig drastically different that i am unaware of the fanatec rims are much better. I went from a ferrari f1 rim on my tx to the P1 rim to the Formula Black rim. Dont buy the p1 rim it was garbage in my oppinion but everything ive seen and tried besides that was so much better with fanatec. 

With that said if one is cheaper than the other and you can manage to get a loadcell style pedal to replace the t3pa that is going to be the better upgrade. 

I just bought my first wheel 'real wheel', I previously owned the Xbox 360 wheel set.  The Fanatec v2.5 Club Sport Wheel. I looked at the Thrustmaster and CSL elite both for a long time.  I would have gone with the CSL Elite because of the ecosystem it would have put me in.  All the reviews say the CSW v2.5 is far better that the Thrustmaster wheels in terms of smoothness and feel.  the CSL Elite would have been a way to get in the door and open up the updgrade path.  In the end I decided to save up the money and went with the $1300 starter pack (wheel, pedals, shifter) but the CSL Elite Wheel Advanced Pack for Xbox One & PC bundle they have for $639.95 was very tempting earlier on.

Edited by Lupus