Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zalem Custom

1 post in this topic

I found these plans on the world wide web about 7 or 8 years ago and it is very customizable. From my tallest friend, 6' 6" to my little 8 year old niece, easy to adjust and rock solid. I built mine out of 1 1/2" and 1" square steel tubing. I purchased a cheap welder and already had a chop saw and handheld grinders. When I was finished I had my rig powder coated. This is a must have finish. All to often people paint their steel rigs and after a few months the watch the paint fall off.

The inventor of these plans is a gentleman from Spain, I don't know his name but he posted the plans on the web, which I found very generous of him. All I know is his company is called "Zalem" and he has a website and sells various versions and full motion rigs as well. 

These plans should be followed to the letter, my rig turned out incredible, some guys rushed theirs and cut corners and it showed in the final product. Pay close attention to the adjustable parts and the corner/angle cut knobs/bolts. I installed SimVibe with 4 aluminum corner mounts and one under the seat and one behind the pedals. If anyone has any questions I will stop by from time to time and try to help as best I can. At one time I had hundreds of build photos but I built mine 7 or 8 years ago.

My rig is still evolving after all these years and the pics below are old, I need to take new ones, lol.

0001.jpg

2222.jpeg

010.jpg

014.jpg

IMG_3720.JPG

010.jpg