Was it ever revealed who purchased ISR?
2 2

16 posts in this topic

Billy Strange and John did a podcast that spoke a bit about after it was bought how the new owners wanted to do things and how that made them want to leave.  Like maybe promote their stuff more than what the show always did in the past.  I just want to sit in the floor and cry and maybe it will all go back how it use to be!!  lol   This website for me and many others brought a lot of info about our hobby to us. 

Too bad about this site and/or where the new owners want to take it..

That being said, there are others who are taking up the slack w/in the #SimRacingCommunity and providing the much needed info we're all looking for/needing!

Door_Closes_Door_Opens.png

Whoever or whatever that bought is a total time waster in my books. Over 157,000 subscribers on youtube and not one announcement or activity in 8 months, whatever the plan is time has expired. Find the abrupt silence a bit disrespectful to the loyal followers.

A new generation will come up soon. ISR was good while it lasted.

I won't reveal who the new owner is but wanted to chime in here. 

When I took on the new owner as a partner (few years back) I had very high hopes for the future of ISR. He has a lot of experience that I thought would make for a great partnership and help take ISR to new heights. After about a year of this partnership, I realized that I was still doing all the work I had previously done and nothing had really changed except at the end of the year, I had to split the profits and we had a newly designed website.

Discussed things with my new partner and still nothing changed. 

Then John came on board and at that point I considered finding a job and doing this on the side. Well I found the job (SimXperience) and was still doing this on the side. Doing this and the new job became too much and I decided it was best for me to sell. Offered it to my partner and he bought it. 

The new owner is a great guy, I will say that. But he also owns multiple businesses and did before we became partners. We had some great ideas together on the future path of ISR but unfortunately it never panned out. I think it was due partially to the fact that he has those other businesses and those took priority for him. 

It saddens me to see the state of ISR, it's literally like a ghost town.  Town was built up, thriving and then all of a sudden the government abandoned it. I really had no choice but to leave. John was on board and this was his full time job. If I was to stay on board, I would have had to let John go (due to financial reasons) and then I would have been back in front of the camera full time and I was burnt out on that. I couldn't go back to being the face of ISR and leave my 9-5 job that I love. 

I have given the new owner ideas on the direction to take ISR and to make it relevant again but it's fallen on deaf ears. I have also offered to help find someone to produce videos, write content, etc but that has gone nowhere. 

So, I hope that someday, ISR will become relevant again and new content will be produced. My offer still stands to help the new owner find someone or figure out a new path. 

Thank you all for help making ISR what it once was. I miss the community that was here.. Maybe someday it will be revived from it's ghost town status. 

Glad to hear that you are still trying to help the owner breath new life into it.  Maybe they will either sell or take it serious!!  I am sure it is tough to see something so great that you and Shaun create and put lots of sweat and tears into fall to pieces like it has lately.