Fanatec V2.5.. Lubercating??
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Sup guys... Kind of a silly question but..... I bought a used CSL Base about a year ago and the wheel Base was lubercated with some sort of grease/oil. Not sure exactly what kind of grease it was. I only noticed the Base had this grease on it Because I touched the steering column and had a moist fluid on my hand. Realized it was a grease of some sort. Recently I bought a fairly new CSW V2.5 and this Wheel Base has no lubercation on its steering column. Dry as bone! Does anyone Lub there steering column,  on their fanatec Base? I switch from Wheel to wheel as I switch from sim to sim.. nothing is wrong with my quick release.. but what I do notice is when I’d switch rims on my CSL.. it took a lot less force to get the rim off the base.  Just wondering if lubercating the Base, would pro-long the life for the equipment. Your feed back is well appreciated. 

Thanks 

0E11932B-77C0-4862-8E7B-85645D090DAA.png

Edited by SLiMtendo

Putting some grease on there will not hurt and in the long run will preserve the parts. Some silicone based spray from time to time is OK too.

Just be sure the grease you use does not deteriorate the O-ring. Keep that lubricated (lightly- as in wipe, off the excess after letting it work in for a short while) with silicon grease (or special O-ring grease). Change the O-ring when it shows damage.

No grease at all won't hurt too much either, but a thin layer will be better.

The previous owner of the CSL base greased the shaft maybe to switch rims easier. In general what said Fanapryde is true, but it comes to your preference. I personaly dont like greased things to be possible to be touched with hand on my cockpit. Metal parts always work better when they are greased, but here this is not internal part that works metal on metal. here you have metal in metal touch only when you put or remove the rim. Basicaly the quick release must be holder not slippery mechanical part. So, if it is not recommended from Fanatec I will not grease it.Some guys want to grease everything thinking this is advanced care and treatment for their equipment!;)

Cheers