GAMING HEADSET HELP, SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS!!!
4 4

9 posts in this topic

Hi fellow sim racers,Im looking for some quite specific help here. I need a new gaming headset but I cant find exactly what Im looking for so Im reaching out to you lot! It has to be usb, it has to have either a cable that detaches from the headset or a connector that can be attached to my harness and be plugged in and out when i leave my rig. I have had 2 different types of turtle beach sets which were great sound quality for my needs and solved the issue brilliantly with connections that were sturdy and easy to pull in and out whilst wearing my race gloves but both sets are shit build quality on the headset itself. the sound quality isnt a major issue as i only wanr the headset for comms, discord team chat, iRacing race chat and crew chief. Please help me because I am going insane!!!

It's not a gaming headset but I run external speakers for all game/sim sounds and use a Sennheiser SC 660 USB CTRL Corded Headset for the spotter etc. I chose it for the lightness and great noise cancelling but they aren't cheap. Mine isn't detachable but they do have a couple of versions that are if you want to have a look through the ones on this page. I used the single ear version for about two years, but because I run the sim at high volumes I needed just a bit more volume on the headset to get past the engine noise so changed to the two ear version.

https://www.simplyheadsets.com.au/brands/sennheiser.html?wearing_style=214

@Junkie yeh thanks buddy, ive tried wireless but the charge is never enough, a four hour endurance stint or a set ups and testing day on iracing and its drained before i have a vhance to charge it and in the middle of a stint that would make me very unpopular with the next guy waiting to jump in, thanks again.

9 hours ago, fil140 said:

@forest chiken, oops sorry, @Bushchook lol. I love sennheiser gear in general and i love the their gaming headset all apart from the fact that its a 3.5mm jack and not a usb! Damn! Ill take a look at that link now mate thanks.

Hey fil, you gotta make difference between good audio headsets and good gaming headsets...so I will suggest for racing/gaming to look for gaming brands. I have tons of headsets and I can recommend Turtle beach wireless ones that can be plugged via USB if you need charge on the go.

I have found turtle beach elite pro PC edition. They look better quality than my other turtle beach which were made from really cheap plastic. These elites looklike they are exactly what i need. I only use my rig for iracing kras, ill email you some pics of my rig now that its nearly done.

Have you got your wind sim running now?

If you're looking for a professional gaming headset then it might cost you so much and I suggest you go with the HyperX brand. If you're not that hardcore gamer and want a decent mic with noise cancellation then SENNHEISER headsets would be a great choice. You can use them for a long time comfortably also they offer the best quality mics which you can use while chatting during gameplay. 

https://www.headsetsonly.com.au/product-brands/sennheiser-corded-headset/

Edited by headsetsonly

Go wireless, I have my Corsair for years now, still working like a charm and still holds 4/5 hours battery.

If I had to but new I'd go for the new Corsair Void 7.1 RGB ELITE, they're just a little over 100€ and they work RF 2,4GHz, which consumes less, has better sound and the battery lasts an eternity.