First Rig GT Omega Racing Wheel Stand + Seat Frame
1 1

5 posts in this topic

So I got this free seat out of a Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, and the GT Omega Racing Rear Seat Frame. My plan was to bolt them to plywood and then to the rear seat frame, however I ran into an issue with the sliders where the tab mounts were riveted on there and there was no way to get them off besides completely sawing them... So finally got rid of those but lost the rail, so what is the best way to attach these now?

Here are some pictures I took....

https://imgur.com/a/mJXXYZl

Edited by fcp4life
INCLUDE PICTURES

Can you post a picture of the bottom of your seat so I or forum members can have an idea of your issue. We have very good DIY guys and gals that can come up with a solution for you. 

17 hours ago, soups said:

Can you post a picture of the bottom of your seat so I or forum members can have an idea of your issue. We have very good DIY guys and gals that can come up with a solution for you. 

Hello! sorry about that! Just took some and updated the post as you can see the stock oem rails are a bit too wide for the gt omega rear seat frame so any ideas or suggestions on how to make it fit?... Thank you! 

Ok I had same issue when I had a playseat rig with aftermarket seat. What I did I put a square piece of 1/2  plywood about 2inches wider then the dimensions of your seat rails . I than bolted plywood to the rig and then seat to the plywood.

Something like this:

FRONT

+   ×        ×  +

+  ×         ×  +

BACK

The ( + ) signs would be the seat rails

The ( × ) signs would be your rig seat base . I'm at work I can post a drawing when i get home.

The top line and bottom line is just for reference of a square piece. 

On 7/20/2018 at 2:39 PM, soups said:

Ok I had same issue when I had a playseat rig with aftermarket seat. What I did I put a square piece of 1/2  plywood about 2inches wider then the dimensions of your seat rails . I than bolted plywood to the rig and then seat to the plywood.

Something like this:

FRONT

+   ×        ×  +

+  ×         ×  +

BACK

The ( + ) signs would be the seat rails

The ( × ) signs would be your rig seat base . I'm at work I can post a drawing when i get home.

The top line and bottom line is just for reference of a square piece. 

Big issue with the rails... the metal mounting tabs were riveted on there, so me and the old man pretty much had to saw them off, and taking out the sliders... so now im left with that base where the sliders would roll on... so still unsure of how I should go about this... here are some pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/mJXXYZl