FS: U.S. Geko G Seat GS-105 (reduced price)
1 1

18 posts in this topic

Now offering for sale my Geko Systems GS-105 g seat.  My version is designed to be affixed to a rig, or used on the floor (i.e. without the rolling foot attachment). (see https://www.gekosystems.com/en/products/gs-105-motion-simulator.html )

I used it happily for several months, then also picked up a used Simxperience GS-4 and can't justify having both, so this needs a home. 

It's been idle for too long, so with some hesitation I'm willing to sell for $800.   I may also be willing to foot the entire bill for shipping, which I guess would be close to $200 due to the weight and size.  It's a great deal for compact motion.  It is pretty easy to add buttkickers as well. 

You can see mine in action below.  FYI I am located in Omaha, Nebraska for anyone interested in a local pick up.

Thanks for looking and let me know if there are any questions.

Geko 1.jpg

Geko 2.jpg

Geko 3.jpg

Edited by ejw333

4 hours ago, Mayaman said:

You should pair this with the D-Box.  D-Box with any G seat is amazing.

Mayamn: Yes, I agree!

In fact I did that at one point with the Geko GS-105, but it was not a great fit on my Vesaro, and I was lucky enough to get a deal on a SimXperience G seat which fit much better.  I know I'm spoiled, but perhaps not as badly as you, Mayaman, with all of your your goodies haha. 

I’m revisiting because I’m curious about the mechanism and how it works.  I’m wondering if this could be made to fit and adapted to a Recaro sport seat and get rid of the bulky wooden/leather seat.

Basically what I mean is to remove the motor and linkage and cut the Recaro seat just behind the bottom portion of the seat.  That way the entire back moves instead of just the shoulders.  I’m thinking it would be ten times better that way.

Edited by Mayaman

Mayaman, 

If I'm understanding you, you're saying leave the bottom of the Geko intact, and add the  Recaro back?  I could see that working.  Otherwise, to completely remove the "guts" of the Geko may be challenging. But if I'm missing something please clarify. 

Nope I’m saying take the entire thing apart.  I think I understand how it works and I’ve seen a couple of shots of the bottom.  The frame is just wood.  If you could remove the assembly that make the back move, attach it to your static rig, instead of the seat and then attach the part that moves to a proper racing seat that has been cut at the pivot I could see this being pretty fucking awesome.

I tinker with rigs for years, so I already see it finished in my head and I’m pretty sure there would be a way to do this.

The effect would be much better than the Gecko seat because the nature of the race seat hugging you from lumbar to upper back is not only more comfortable but more realistic in the forces applied to your body through the entire seat and not just that portion up top like in the Gecko.

Edited by Mayaman

I would agree that would be awesome.  One arguable drawback with the Geko would be the seating position/look.  I read that one owner cut part of the seat area out, which allowed for a sort of bucket-style, mainly for comfort.  Another tilted the seat back all the time. 

Your idea would be phenomenal if you could pull it off.  You probably wouldn't feel the body pressing up against the side bolsters of the seat while turning, if the seat back is directly attached to the actuators, but it would be a nice upgrade.  (Somehow if the race seat back could be allowed to move forward-backward, but not side-to-side, and the Geko still pull on the body within firm seat bolsters on each side, it would be amazing.) 

Actually you would need it to move side to side as well, just not in an exaggerated fashion for sustained G force.  That is the advantage of using a real racing seat vs. the Gecko seat.  For instance, in a hard right handed turn the seat back would also move to the right putting sustained pressure on your left flank, which is exactly what would happen in real life.  Right now, what its doing is the complete opposite which incorrect IMO.

Wish I could show you what I’m talking about.  😛

I've been getting requests to ship outside of the USA -- I am planning to ship in the USA ONLY, unless someone else does the research regarding shipping and is willing to pay extra costs. From my research, shipping within the US is in excess of $220.  It is a heavy and bulky package to ship.  Thanks.