RSEAT S1 Review
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi all , this is my review of the RSEAT S1 . 

I am a longtime casual sim racer . The driving force for me to upgrade my race rig was due to the fact i was upgrading my Wheel and pedal system. My old TSW  wheel and pedals served me well over  the years but it was time to get updated. I upgraded my wheel to a accuforce Pro V2 and my pedals to the ricmotech REALGEAR GTPRO1 FLOOR MOUNT WILWOOD 3-PEDAL SET. My old sim rig ( Volair Sims) was just not sturdy enough to handle this equipment . So i looked around did the research and decided to go with the RSEAT S1.

The S1 without a doubt is built strong. It will definitely  handle any heavy high end racing wheels and pedals. no shaking things loose here. Also i didn't have to drill any holes for my wheel or my pedals all the pre drilled holes worked. And the ricmotech pedal plate  fits on the RSEAT pedal stand . 

I also purchased the 65 in monitor stand for my Samsung 49 in curved monitor. This stand again is very beefy . However in retrospect I am not sure it was the best option for my monitor due to mounting options. it works fine its just a bit higher up than i would prefer. due to the mounting options on the stand and the monitor. 

The tablet and button box holder : again very sturdy construction. the tablet hold could be a little wider on the grab points  to make it easier to secure a tablet . i find i have to make sure its tiled back to keep my ipad from falling out.  the button box side appears to be good to go. However i don't have my new button box here yet  .

The Keyboard and mouse tray: Very beefy . The only thing i wish was different here is in my opinion the arms are a bit short when you are not racing and you want to bring the keyboard in front of you to do something else other than sim race. this may be because i am a bigger guy , i am not sure.

The shifter  Hand brake mount: Again very beefy lots of options on adjustments to suite any size person here. you get two different mounting stands for various shifters. they account for most everything on the market,. In fact this is the only thing I had to drill a couple of holes in so i could mount my old act labs GPL  shifter. I will give them a pass on that since my shifter is so vintage . 

The Speaker Stands : heavy duty .i have not mount them yet . since i do not have any speakers. 

Assembly is pretty straight forward and comes with illustrated instructions. I thought it was pretty easy to assemble. Again its built very beefy so some of the components are heavy you may need a extra set of hands . 

The actual seat: Its a fixed bucket racing seat . i am 6' 1 and weight about 250 lbs. So i am not a small guy but i can sit in the seat fairly comfortably. But its really not easy to get in and out of if you are anywhere near my size . You cant get the seat to retract back far enough  to climb out because you have to lift up then out . In fact if you are looking at the RSEAT S1 i would recommend buying the version that comes without a seat unless you are already familiar with using fixed back racing seats. It looks like that version has more mounting options for fixed bucket seat or reclining bucket seats.  i ended up fabricating up some brackets and mounted my old sim rig reclining bucket seat on the rig. i did it so i have 2 seat sliders now i can move the seat back and get out of the rig much more easier. 

Customer service: When i placed the order i was shocked on how fast it came . i knew it was shipping from across the world i got the thing delivered to my door in about 5 days. I did have a damaged seat when i opened the box that had the seat in it. I took pictures and sent in a ticket and they replaced the seat no questions asked. 

Pros:

very well built 

looks good

lots of built in adjustablility 

handles high end wheels and pedal sets very well

Very good customer service . 

ships fast even though they make it and ship it from Eastern Europe. 

Cons:

not easy for larger people to climb in and out in current configuration

more seats ( reclining bucket)  and seat mounting options would be nice.

keyboard / mouse tray arms could be slightly longer to accommodate bigger people who want to maybe do something else other than race wile sitting in the rig. 

Conclusion: i am very pleased with my purchase . If you are looking for something that is well built with well built add on's, buy a RSEAT. 

Edited by Kiaser Sosay

Thanks for this write-up.  There isn’t much out there on the S1 yet.  I’ll be buying a chassis within the next month and unless anything new and amazing pops up, I’ll go with an S1 + shifter mount.  Seems like the S1 wins or matches on all major fronts (rigidity, adjustability, aesthetics and fit/finish) over most else in its price range.  And lastly, it’s reassuring to know they respond quickly to their customers.  Thanks!

I have the RSEAT N1 with all the attachments.  Phenomenal products.  However, I ordered the T3L monitor Stand and it came in HORRIBLE condition.  Three emails to the company resulted in ZERO responses.  Unfortunately, despite a good product, if you have a problem don't expect a response from the company.  

8 hours ago, racer zig said:

I have the RSEAT N1 with all the attachments.  Phenomenal products.  However, I ordered the T3L monitor Stand and it came in HORRIBLE condition.  Three emails to the company resulted in ZERO responses.  Unfortunately, despite a good product, if you have a problem don't expect a response from the company.  

Hello, if you have problem I can help!

Hello Krassi

I am having serious problems with RSeat just ignoring me in the hope that the warranty expires first.
It's been the worst customer service experience I have had in a long time.

My ticket number:

Ticket ID: 4786

They have probably closed it as they just keep offering to replace the chassis and then ignore me for months until I open a new ticket.

They have no phone number, yet sell as "Rseat America".
It's insane, these guys are crooks!

11 minutes ago, Globespy said:

Hello Krassi

I am having serious problems with RSeat just ignoring me in the hope that the warranty expires first.
It's been the worst customer service experience I have had in a long time.

My ticket number:

Ticket ID: 4786

They have probably closed it as they just keep offering to replace the chassis and then ignore me for months until I open a new ticket.

They have no phone number, yet sell as "Rseat America".
It's insane, these guys are crooks!

Can you send me some detail on my email: [email protected]

I will try to help with the comm, cant predict the final result, because I dont now what is case.;)

Email you with a copy of the email thread for the last year with them always seeming to want to do something (replace the chassis) yet do nothing about it. All talk and no action.
Crooks!

But thank you for trying to help!
I will go legal route if I have to.

Edited by Globespy