Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt3 and G25 problems on PC

8 posts in this topic

I have been having some issues with my G25 on the PC version of Dirt3. I have attempted to setup my wheel based off settings I have found on various forums from people who clam these are good wheel settings but I continue to have to two symptoms listen below

1) the wheel just cuts out from time to time ( for a second or 2) when turning and the car will just go straight there is no response to steering input. Then when it comes back it will suddenly snap to the direction your wheel is now in. You can physically feel the wheel go limp.

2) the throttle will sometimes stick open when I go to brake

I am running my wheel through a usb hub so I am not sure if that could be causing issues or not. It doesn't cause problems with iracing

Any suggestions?

I have been having some issues with my G25 on the PC version of Dirt3. I have attempted to setup my wheel based off settings I have found on various forums from people who clam

just a quick tip "Sheldon 78"~do NOT take advise from people who "CLAM"~I mean WTF do they know!

they spend all their time rooting around in bay mud with a modified garden rake, just so they can dig up a few dozen of these shellfish,steam the poor lil critters alive,drown them in drawn butter or cocktail sauce,then wash em down with "Milwaukee's Best"...in a CAN! you would be much better off asking advise from either an Oyster man, or perhaps even a Shrimper~you are only asking for trouble when consulting people who "Clam" about such delicate matters!

With my Thrustmaster T500 I too get the sensation of no input for a second or two at times. I hope they patch that, it is annoying.

I have been having some issues with my G25 on the PC version of Dirt3. I have attempted to setup my wheel based off settings I have found on various forums from people who clam these are good wheel settings but I continue to have to two symptoms listen below

1) the wheel just cuts out from time to time ( for a second or 2) when turning and the car will just go straight there is no response to steering input. Then when it comes back it will suddenly snap to the direction your wheel is now in. You can physically feel the wheel go limp.

2) the throttle will sometimes stick open when I go to brake

I am running my wheel through a usb hub so I am not sure if that could be causing issues or not. It doesn't cause problems with iracing

Any suggestions?

I honestly don't think your reply was funny (at all), why bother replying? the OP was looking for answers, not some kind of insult.

just a quick tip "Sheldon 78"~do NOT take advise from people who "CLAM"~I mean WTF do they know!

they spend all their time rooting around in bay mud with a modified garden rake, just so they can dig up a few dozen of these shellfish,steam the poor lil critters alive,drown them in drawn butter or cocktail sauce,then wash em down with "Milwaukee's Best"...in a CAN! you would be much better off asking advise from either an Oyster man, or perhaps even a Shrimper~you are only asking for trouble when consulting people who "Clam" about such delicate matters!

I honestly don't think your reply was funny (at all), why bother replying? the OP was looking for answers, not some kind of insult.

Well "Mac8" it's just a little "Humor",and in no way,shape or form,did I mean it as any kind of "Insult" whatsoever,perhaps you should see a Medical Professional or your Family Doctor my friend..because you obviously have a stick stuck up your.. :?:

I too am having the same problem, it's annoying.. actually rather irritating and make the game unplayable.

However I found a solution that fix my problem

- When you're in the game press Alt + Tab to desktop

- Ctrl + Alt + Delete or Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

- in Processes tab find dirt3_game.exe , right click > Set Priority > Low

This one works for me after I tried turning off Ghost recording, check at compatibility mode, reinstall wheel driver, reinstall game, etc. and nothing works.

It's the game problem not the wheel. Actually most of the problem are from the game itself. No matter which wheel or how heavenly it is, if there's a problem you'll got it.

Hope this helps

PS. Sorry to be a bit aggressive but I always find this kind of people saying that they've got great wheel and they don't have any problem what so ever because they have great wheel and the other's are junk compare to them but they don't even know how to make the best out of what they have or rather they don't even know what force feedback is or how it works, they just know that they have great wheel hence they're invincible.

As the result... I get really annoyed a lot and almost tell them to eat sh*t and die! :mrgreen:

Yes it was a little humor, actually very little humor. A new member joins and asks a valid question and you respond with some lame humor? Very mature answer.

OK "Mac8",I am not going to get into some stupid "verbal fisticuffs" with you man,BUT! I shall say "Nee" to you if you do not buy me ...A "SHRUBBERY!"..[one that looks nice,,and not too expensive]..now GO!