Going high end pedals without rig

2 posts in this topic

Hi! English is not my native language so excuse any misspellings.. This might be a unusual idea but hear me out :)

I'm currently using the fanatec elite pedals and was going to upgrade it by adding the load cell kit. But then I started looking into higher end pedals like the heusinkveld pro's. Since I don't have a racing rig / cockpit most people won't recomend high end pedals due to the high brake fource. I understand that I would't be able to use the full brake force, but I'm still interested in a high quality pedal set. They way I see it there are more advantages with high end pedals than just the high brake force. For instance you get a stiffer gas pedal (heusinkveld pro vs fanatec lc), nicer materials, longivity etc. 

So my question is, why is it so "wrong" to go for high end pedals and just use 30-40% of the max brake force?

Why don't you modify your Elite pedals with different springs and such and get the load cell first? It would give you an idea about what to expect with a high end pedal set and be a lot cheaper.