Bad AA in PCars 2

3 posts in this topic

I just purchased this sim, what in the world is up with the terrible AA in Project Cars 2 ?, I've tried all kinds of settings including Nvidia Control Panel and Nvidia Inspector, nothing seems to help get rid of the jaggies, and that doesn't include the awful shimmering, which is another issue, anyone with advice to help with the AA and shimmering please share, I'm very surprised game looks this bad in 2018 with GTX980Ti 388.31 drivers.

Edited by jymp

PC2 is a very demanding when it comes to graphics. Are you using VR or monitors? The video card you have does not meet the requirements that PC2 recommends. With that being said it will still run it on a monitor decently by lowering your graphics, but for VR you will need to lower everything for it to run and even then it will still most likely have issues. I tried on a 980 to run the game and it would not run it in VR without issues (a lot).

Project CARS 2 Recommended Requirements

• CPU: Intel i7 6700k
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: NVidia GTX 1080 or AMD Radeon RX480
  • SOUND CARD: DirectX compatible sound card
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 50 GB

Just running one monitor, no VR, it runs very smooth, no prob. there, just the graphics look like something from 1998, anyone know the preferred Nvidia driver ?