Fanatec for Xbox one and F1 2017
2 2

5 posts in this topic

I am struggling to decide whether Fanatec is the right choice for F1 2017 on Xbox One? I have read alot of reviews and it seems that on Xbox one I will not enjoy the full potential of the wheel especially on F1 2017.

I also plan to get Assetto Corsa but would you like to get your thoughts for Fanatec on Xbox One?

I just bought a full Fanatec rig (v2.5 base, UHub, Inverted pedals, shifter, handbrake), and I only play on Xbox One X. I’ve spent most of my time playing F1 2017 so far (probably 20 hours in the past two weeks) and it’s vastly superior to my old Thrustmaster TX and TP3 Pro Pedals. 

Xbox does have some drawbacks. You can’t use all the buttons on the hub. The ABS vibration function doesn’t work on the pedals (although pedal vibration does based on your wheel base settings). You cannot use a few of the settings parameters on the wheelbase. But anyone who tells you it doesn’t work and work well is likely a PC gaming snob. 

Some advice though, I thought my base was broken at first because the FF was unplayably strong on F1. I talked to Fanatec and their reps said the FF on Xbox One is much more forceful than the PC. They recommended starting at 30% FF and 50% FEI on the base custom profile. I second that.  It’s literally unplayable at 100%. 

If you buy and want my settings for each game, let me know. I own Forza 7, PC2, F1 2017, DiRT Rally and DiRT 4. 

On 18/05/2018 at 5:15 PM, Gold Ergo Sum said:

I just bought a full Fanatec rig (v2.5 base, UHub, Inverted pedals, shifter, handbrake), and I only play on Xbox One X. I’ve spent most of my time playing F1 2017 so far (probably 20 hours in the past two weeks) and it’s vastly superior to my old Thrustmaster TX and TP3 Pro Pedals. 

Xbox does have some drawbacks. You can’t use all the buttons on the hub. The ABS vibration function doesn’t work on the pedals (although pedal vibration does based on your wheel base settings). You cannot use a few of the settings parameters on the wheelbase. But anyone who tells you it doesn’t work and work well is likely a PC gaming snob. 

Some advice though, I thought my base was broken at first because the FF was unplayably strong on F1. I talked to Fanatec and their reps said the FF on Xbox One is much more forceful than the PC. They recommended starting at 30% FF and 50% FEI on the base custom profile. I second that.  It’s literally unplayable at 100%. 

If you buy and want my settings for each game, let me know. I own Forza 7, PC2, F1 2017, DiRT Rally and DiRT 4. 

Hi. I've just purchased fanatec csl elite pedals, clubsport base 2.5 and csl wheel p1. I'd love to try your settings for Forza 7 and F1 2017? Thanks in advance! Dan. 

On 5/18/2018 at 5:15 PM, Gold Ergo Sum said:

I would love your settings for F1 with this hardware. I am really struggling to get a usable setup. Thanks! Either the wheel is too juddery or I get weird snap oversteer. ABS is proving difficult as well. Locking up happens constantly and I'm finding trail braking trickier than before.

Thanks again!