DSP and SimVibe?

3 posts in this topic

Is signal processing necessary to "protect" tactile transducers?  I ask, because I would think SimVibe would only send a narrow band of frequency range to the transducers, negating the need for additional processing of the signal.  I can understand that if the transducers are being run off the audio signal that you would want to filter out certain frequencies to narrow to tactile range and protect the transducers from potentially harmful or overworking frequencies.  So another way to ask my question is: Is SimVibe acting like a DSP?

I am looking at the Behringer iNuke amps, but trying to establish if the DSP models are needed.

I reached out to SimExperience and they recommended not altering the signal output by SimVibe via DSP, filters, equalizers, etc.  Now if you plan to run non-supported games or movies in which you are using the raw audio signal to fire your transducers, then you may want to consider DSP, filters, etc.   

I disagree with this post, the advantage of having an amp with DSP is that you can turn up the volume on certain effects/frequencies while leaving others at a low volume. I run iNUKE3000DSPs with my LFEs, mini LFEs and Gamers and used the DSP extensively in order to normalize the volume of all effects. Go to an online tone generator and run your kicker from a standard audio channel, you will see that any transducer will give strong vibrations at some frequencies and not much vibration for others, this is where DSP comes in, use the quieter frequencies, but boost the signal with the DSP to make it a much more consistent volume at most frequencies. if you want to get the most from your tactile, google "Mr Latte Tactile" he has some very informative posts.