Configuration for OSW

4 posts in this topic

hi so i've been with my wheel and other things, for a few days now. mostly spent time with AC and PC2. i think... i think i haven't done something right with the configuration, or perhaps my expectations are too high. certainly it's not bad, and there was a race in a Lotus i had that was just amaazzzzzziiiinggggggg, as part of my messing around:

i reduced the settings in AC to 0, other than gain, which i left at 70 (i wanted to isolate the Simucube settings)

I have just started using my wheel as i got it - i haven't tried to get MMOS installed, or clicked through to the IONI drive on the Simucube configurator - so firstly could anybody please tell me if that is the wrong thing? i followed the instructions that were sent by SimRacingBay - (who, by the way,k have simply been incredibly helpful - and generally awesome people) - which was basically flash the firmware with the most current online, and use it.

And so back to AC - I then play with various settings in the Simucube to get two particular reactions I think are lacking / below expectation

1) if i'm driving, say 2nd gear, revs very high, and i press the clutch, then as the revs start screaming, i'd expect to feel that; i don't. and then were i to let the clutch back up, i'd expect to feel a jolt as clutch engages, revs go down and we are powered by throttle agaiin

2) understeer. if i've buggered up a corner, and i'm now understeering, i'd expect to feel it in the wheel going a light lighter. i've had this with previous wheels do this.l screw up the corner, and it's like all resistance is gone on the wheel. with osw, in AC with the settings i've described (gain 70%) the wheel is as hard as it ever was to steer. it doesn't feel like i lost anything.

A osw DD does not give you feedback from the engine. You will need a butkickers to get gear shifts and engine feedback.It will give you feedback from the front wheels only, bumps, slippage, ground effects, and  from turning. I don't think you have your granity settings set up fully or correctly. If you go to granity devices community and look up osw settings for assetto Corsa that should get the game settings correct. But you need to check the osw granity settings and amperage to the direct drive

Edited by TommyD