rseat rs1 vs. human racing gt chassis
1 1

9 posts in this topic

hi all, quick question on rig: if you were purchasing a rig today, and you had the choice of the two of these (availability, location are what is restricting us; i'm well aware there are other rigs out there, other brands, but for the purpose of this question please help to keep it a, b, or don't know!) rigs: 

HumanRacing GT Chassis or the 

RSeat RS1

Which would you go for? In either case it would be the most up to date model you could find. Reason I mention this is that I saw a direct comparison of these, but maybe six years ago. Things may have changed since then, maybe not. Oh, and don't let price be a factor here: I'm simply interested in your opinoon if the SImRacing Gods drove up to your home, and offered you one of the two rigs, which you would appropriate from them.

Thanks for any feedback!

It's hard for me to give a good opinion since the link for the HumanRacing is in a language I can't read, so it's hard to get any details on it. I did try searching for them to see if they have a website. The best I could was a Facebook page that looks like it hasn't been updated in about 4 years (not a good sign). On that page was a link to their website which is no longer valid (another bad sign). From what I can tell of the images, it's hard to make out if the pedal deck can be adjusted because it seems like it can't but of the few things I can read it says "Tilt the race in your favor" which suggests that it can be adjusted. So if it can, great, but if not then I wouldn't bother. I can tell the wheel deck can be adjusted, I'm just not sure how, again more things I can't read to fully understand.

The rSeat is more well known and has an active website and a lot more to offer. However the HR rig is a cleaner looking rig. It has something covers up or encases whatever the rigging is made of, while the rSeat it just a bunch of piping. The only thing that rSeat has that looks as clean is their Formula V2. I can remember at least one review that covered the RS1 in that they said the pedal deck would flex under heavy pressure but there is an upgrade kit to help with that.

All in all I would have go with the rSeat because; they have an active website so you can get support directly from them and they have more upgrades and add-ons to offer things like a monitor stand, a keyboard&mouse attachment, and more.

I agree with what Wolf68k.  Regardless if HR rig is better or not, if they can only host a website in Thai shows they do not have any international presence, and the lack of English spec and reviews would sway me away toward the more well know brands (with more real world user reviews).

I would have to ask what are you planning on using for race gear? Thrustmaster, Fanatec, or Direct Drive? This does have a lot to do with what you are choosing. I would not recommend a Direct Drive for either one of the chassis that you had links to, if Direct Drive is what you will be using. Personally I got the RSeat N1 chassis and I think it is great, I use a Simucube 30nm Direct Drive on it and I have the swing arm keyboard and the tablet and button box arm on the other side and I get some shaking in the front but nothing terrible. My wheel/direct drive is pretty heavy and the N1 handles it fine. As far as service goes, the RSeat guys are great , instant response and pretty quick with getting everything shipped to you.

I have an RSeat with a Simucumb 30NM. The RSeat handles it well. The only complaint I have is the keyboard tray that mounts. I wish I had gotten the static keyboard tray that stands separately because that is the only place that has any vibration in RSeat with the 30NM Simucube.

4 minutes ago, Beef36 said:

The Human Racing chassis is definitely still for sale in Thailand, but you'd have to contact them on whether they ship internationally.  Below are a couple of the Thailand distributor's pictures from earlier this year with various pedal, wheel and motion configurations.

I prefer the aesthetics of the Human Racing chassis, but on first impressions I would purchase the rSeat RS1 as it has more reinforcement options for higher-end kit; however the pics below indicate Human Racing may also have reinforcement options for at least the pedals.

Human%20Racing%20-%2019961142_1608304329

Human%20Racing%20-%2026805220_1608304355

From the pictures it looks like opening for the legs is too small...check the picture with the DD wheel - it looks like the gas pedal is very close to the frame and you will touch it with your leg. I am pretty sure people with body with size bigger then the people in Thailand will touch this frame. I like the design - it reminds me naked frame from Sport Motorbike which I ride.