Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On behalf of the unsupported.

3 posts in this topic

Hi.

First, great job. Love the reviews. Long! In-depth & knowledgeable. I also love how long you guys take to before fully reviewing stuff. A shining example. Keep doing stuff like in the Shift2 preview if I remember correctly, when you showed 5 wheels & their settings. There's meat on them thar bones!

Now hear my plea!

Before you finish the Dirt3 review please look into this. I feel this needs much more exposure and answers really and you are perfect for the job. We might even bring about some positive change, a revolution even!

I am talking about Games For Windows Live excluding a bunch of countries, including mine, from being able to buy Dirt 3 on Steam or anywhere else online.

I own Dirt 2. Could buy it again if I wanted. It also has the Games For Windows Live junk in it. I just installed it, multiplayer works like a charm. Grid is available on Steam, also Dirt 1.

Why can't I own F1 / Dirt 3?

Btw after looking into this I realized that F1 2010 has been available for a while. It, like Dirt 3 is nowhere to be seen on Steam. I want that one too.

This is the sort of thing that causes piracy. I said it. Causes piracy. Why don't they want my money?

br,

Mr Lagman.

Great question but we unfortunately didn't get to address it.. We did ask Paul Jeal and Stephen Hood why the use both Steam and Windows Live and you will see it in our F1 2011 interview that will air soon.

Have you addressed this on the Codemasters forums ?

I have not addressed this on their forum but plenty of others have done so in the past and

as far as I can see their response went something like this: "It's out of our hands. Talk to Microsoft."

Reading Xbox LIVE Countries and Regions does not encourage.

If your country/region is not on the list, please check back with us soon—we expand our services frequently and may be coming to your country/region in the near future.

Revised December 9, 2010