Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hook 4 aura's to adcom 2535

2 posts in this topic

I have 4 aura's and an adcom 4 channel amp. I'm not sure how to hook the shakers to the amp. I have seen some say run them in series. Is that right? I thought I would take the left side shakers and hook them up to the two channels on the left. Then take the right side shakers and hook them up to the channels on the right side of the amp. Which is right? Any help would be appreciated.

adcom.PNG

Amplifier A and Amplifier B appear to be completely separate signal paths from the picture. it's not a very good quality image, and I cannot find a product page for the amplifier when searching adcom 4 channel.

You will need either

Two stereo outputs from the computer, which will enable you to run Chassis Mode with quadrophonic output i.e. front and rear left and right. 

Or you will want to get an adapter that splits the RCA signal so you can duplicate the left and right channels. You will get the most power from the shakers if each one is hooked up to it's own output from the amp, provided they are an ohms rating that the amp can handle.

The left side appears to have a switch between stereo or bridged mono, but that only affects each amplifier section on it's own, and isn't applicable for your situation. Leave it in stereo.