Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone know how to fix stuttering?

6 posts in this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYL5j9qAJz4

I have tried everything I can think of and it will not go away. It happens every two minutes, roughly. Strange thing is, it only started happening since i did a reformat, but everything is the same, same hardware, same drivers, same everything.

I have Win7 64 bit, 6970, and play with "high settings" vsync on at 2560x1440.

Any ideas, I'm going nuts!?

As it was fine before the reformat and i tried everything i could possibly try, I guessed it must have been something to do with the reformat, which was done from a Win7 disc with SP1 integrated. So i started again and used my old disc and it now plays without the lag issue.

It's funny as loads of people are having problems like this, and i still don't know what happened to mine to make it go like this. Yes, fixed, but don't ask me why...

I was having a similar issue and I noticed my co-driver would start cut out. Then I noticed my driving was stuttering, not as severe as yours but I noticed it quite a bit. I found on another forum about making the replay.pbf read only and that might help.

In the C:\ProgramData\Codemasters\DiRT3\DataCache\Owner\replay folder right click on replay.pbf and set to read only. I played for about an hour after doing that and noticed my fps wasn't dropping and my co-driver was no longer cutting out.