Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARC_TEAM G27-E not working

5 posts in this topic

Hi people,

I just got my self a ARC_TEAM G27-E second hand from a guy that has never used it from what I can gather. It looks brand spanking new and even smells new.

Here my problem, when I connect everything and switch on the wheel all that happens is that the small fans start spinning, not power on self test to calubrate the wheel and the buttons do no work at all.

Here is what I have checked so far:

1. The fuse in the wheel looks ok.

2. The installed two small fans are spinning when I switch on the wheel.

3. PSU has a green light and is on 250v (I live in Ireland).

4. Test different USB ports on both PS3 and PC.

5. I have a G25 (not modded) that works fine in all games on both PS3 and PC.

6. Tested my G25 pedals with the ARC_TEAM G27-E just to make sure and still not working.

I just feels like its not working when I hook it up with the USB, like its not connected internaly.

Any ideas? I have emailed ARC_TEAM and the guy I bought it from but thought that maybe somebody here had some good idea while I was waiting for my replies.

Thanks in advance.

/c0rn

Hi again people,

Installed the newest drivers for the wheel on my pc running windows xp but the drivers do not detect any devices at all.

Darin I know you had some issues with your, is my issue any where close to any of the issues you had?

thanks for your hard work insiders :-)

Does anyone know if the mainboard inside a G25 and a G27 are the same, I am guessing that they are not the same as the G27 as more buttons but I could be wrong here.

Just soooo frustrated with a wheel that I cannot use that looks new. And I do also wonder if I type something wrong as there is so many views but no answeres =/

If you have a volt meter, maybe check to see if the power supply is putting out any voltage, if you have access to a G25, compare the power supply between the two wheels, if they are the same, try the G25 power supply on the G27.

Maybe the G27 power supply isn't putting out proper voltage.

Also, check the USB cable, this too if not connecting properly will not send the wheel a signal to wake up and calibrate.

I hope you get the problem resolved.

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

Thanks for your reply Jack.

I checked the psu with a multimeter and its working. I got a reply from arc team and they say it can only be the main board that is faulty. But the wheel has only been used for 15min before I got it. I was thinking that maybe ups could have damaged it in shiping but the box looked undamaged so im thinking that maybe it could be a cable somewhere that has fallen off.

was hoping Darin would have the plans for the wheel so I could follow the scheme and see if I could resolder the points. Had a friend over checking and he thinks its the main board but im hopeful. The guy I bought it from is being very good and trying to help and that is nice.

Darin would have the plans for connecting the mod? Hope he reads this, maybe a pm would be needed as I can understand the man is busy.

regards,

/c0rn