PlaySeat Evolution + Transducer Setup

3 posts in this topic

Okay, so I'm about to drop money on the next aspect of my rig, but it's hard to find any information concerning an Evolution and transducer setup.

Here's what I'm thinking: I want to run chassis + extensions mode, so my first debate is what transducer's I should buy. There's this Dayton Audio Bass Shaker and obviously the Aura Bass Shaker.

My debate comes in because 4 Aura's + 2 day shipping nets me $176.95, whereas the 4 Dayton's + 2 day shipping nets me only $126.55, a whole $50 cheaper.

Now I was also going to get 3 Dayton Audio PUCKs for extensions mode; one under the pedals, one under the shifter, and one under the wheel. Adding this with the Dayton Audio Bass Shaker brings the total to $168.25, which is still cheaper than just 4 Aura's. Are the Aura's that good to justify the extra ~$10 per transducer, or are the Dayton's good enough to run on their own?

My next question is placement for whichever bass shaker I get. I want to put two underneath the pedals; one on each side, and two on the playseat frame that holds the seat up. Being that I haven't done anything like this before, I'm not sure how that'll hold up, so any ideas or thoughts?

As for amp, I have 2 Crown XLS1000s, but with a total of four channels, should I just buy a different amp with more channels?

I am in the same boat.  I figure I'll just start with a pair of Aura's and a Dayton DTA-120 amp just to see what it's like, and buy another set if it works out well and run chassis mode.  Parts express has a President's day coupon, so I went ahead and placed the order today.

I plan to mount one under pedal and one under my seat.  Going to attach using Velcro per somebody's recommendation from a while back.