SimVibe Alternatives?
4 4

33 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2018 at 1:06 PM, StealthTT said:

Thanks for bringing us back to the original topic.  I knew they were making the wind simulators but didn't know they jumped into the tactile vibration field.  It looks like they only support 4 different telemetries at the moment: Engine rumble, Gear change, Vertical Acceleration and Suspension movement.  So they'll be interesting to watch.

We now support impacts as well!

I wish I could have replied before but I'm new to this stuff (just purchased a Next Level Racing Motion v3 + Buttkicker Gamer 2) and the NLRM software has tactile stuff as well.  I don't know how detailed and advanced it is compared to SimVibe - I heard SimVibe is more advanced than all other ones - but Next Level Racing now offers tactile feedback software.  I'm not sure if it's bundled with the standard motion software for the seat or if it's a separate download.

upload_2017-7-14_13-49-57-png.201605

This pic is from a year ago.  NLR updates their motion software quite often so I wouldn't be surprised if the tactile feedback stuff has been updated as well.

SimShaker Wheel looks awesome and has the free demo.

Edited by Spinelli

On 8.06.2018 г. at 8:10 PM, Spinelli said:

I wish I could have replied before but I'm new to this stuff (just purchased a Next Level Racing Motion v3 + Buttkicker Gamer 2) and the NLRM software has tactile stuff as well.  I don't know how detailed and advanced it is compared to SimVibe - I heard SimVibe is more advanced than all other ones - but Next Level Racing now offers tactile feedback software.  I'm not sure if it's bundled with the standard motion software for the seat or if it's a separate download.

upload_2017-7-14_13-49-57-png.201605

This pic is from a year ago.  NLR updates their motion software quite often so I wouldn't be surprised if the tactile feedback stuff has been updated as well.

SimShaker Wheel looks awesome and has the free demo.

Can you confirm that this software work without motion platform plugged in a PC? To be an alternative to Simvibe it must work independently!:)

Ya, I didn't know you had to have the motion platform to use the tactile software.  That's too bad.

Simshaker Wheels looks like it has a lot of adjustment.  Looks like you can even create your own waveforms for it.

On 3/31/2018 at 2:12 PM, StealthTT said:

Hey Signman,

I've been following along with you, Ceolmor and Mr. Latte on RaceDepartment.   You have a pretty nice rig!  Where did you get your BK Advance plates made at?   I have a custom built 80/20 and just received 2 BK Advances and an iNuke 3000DSP.  I'm still trying to decide whether I should put these in CM or EM but I'm thinking I'll do stereo CM, with just the seat for now. In your opinion, what effects do you like the best?  What I'm trying to get out of my setup is engine vibrations and kerb vibrations and bumps. 

Thanks!

Why not do both Chassis and Extensions, you can use Chassis with your second soundcard  and use your onboard sound for Extensions. Then simply connect a external soundcard for your sounds, like engine, tires, wind etc... I have been using this technique for a few years and you get the best of both. If you only want to use "the seat" in Extension mode for now that is fine. 

I use 2 Dayton 150 watt amps for Chassis mode connected to 4 Aura shakers. Then 2 buttkicker gamer 2's on Extension, along with one more Dayton 150 watt on a single Aura shaker on Extension as well. So I use 7 shakers on 5 amps. I also purchased a 5 channel Emotiva in which I am not using ATM.

As far as using "engine vibrations and kerb vibrations and bumps", those are basic settings in SimVibe that really don't require to much tweaking at all. I would suggest most folks over cook there settings, with SimVibe, less really is more. :)

On 3/30/2018 at 1:06 PM, StealthTT said:

Thanks for bringing us back to the original topic.  I knew they were making the wind simulators but didn't know they jumped into the tactile vibration field.  It looks like they only support 4 different telemetries at the moment: Engine rumble, Gear change, Vertical Acceleration and Suspension movement.  So they'll be interesting to watch.

There was an update of Sim Racing Studio yesterday

it has now 9 effects

engine

gear

road

suspension 

vertical accel

braking

acceleration

impact

and the latest TRACTION LOSS. Pretty cool effect