just finished my RSeat N1
2 2

111 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, HAVOC said:

Build quality is good, thing is build like a tank. Instruction manual is not good.

FBI18m8.jpg?2

Shaun Cole did perfect assembly video. Nothing can beat him like manual.;)

The manual (and Shaun Cole) left out how many adjustments there are. The instructions for the shifter/e-brake are not in the correct order, if your not using an e-brake, you have to remove parts you installed in step one.

32 minutes ago, HAVOC said:

The manual (and Shaun Cole) left out how many adjustments there are. The instructions for the shifter/e-brake are not in the correct order, if your not using an e-brake, you have to remove parts you installed in step one.

It is close to mind , that if you dont use handbrake - this is simple shifter holder and extra stuff for the handbrake is not nessesary to install. It is obvious.

If you read the instructions ahead of time and know what you are doing. A novice might not.

The adjustments that RSeat left out are that the floor pan has two positions. The seat tracks themselves have four positions (not the sliding part), the pedal plate brackets also have four positions. I didn't see this until I removed all the bolts (some parts were already assembled).

10 hours ago, GrimeyDog said:

My N1 will be here Monday!!!

I have a Rseat RS1 but ordered the N1 because i want more Leg room... the N1 is bigger with more Leg room than the RS1.

It is hellova more in every way!;) Congrats!

btw,guys - dont forget to join Rseat Owners Club page in FB!;)

17 hours ago, GrimeyDog said:

My N1 will be here Monday!!!

I have a Rseat RS1 but ordered the N1 because i want more Leg room... the N1 is bigger with more Leg room than the RS1.

It helps to have a friend help carry the boxes or maybe two friends. I had to get my sim up a flight of stairs. A hand truck helped but the bigger of the two boxes is still difficult to move. Assemble it where it will eventually live. You don't want to be moving it around once it's assembled. Also, buy a small rug of some sort to help protect the floor underneath.

If you need any assembly tips, let me know. One tip I can give you is with the upright. Take a small punch (or a screwdriver) and insert it in one hole to hold one side of the upright in place while you screw a bolt in the other side.

Edited by HAVOC

37 minutes ago, HAVOC said:

It helps to have a friend help carry the boxes or maybe two friends. I had to get my sim up a flight of stairs. A hand truck helped but the bigger of the two boxes is still difficult to move. Assemble it where it will eventually live. You don't want to be moving it around once it's assembled. Also, buy a small rug of some sort to help protect the floor underneath.

If you need any assembly tips, let me know. One tip I can give you is with the upright. Take a small punch and insert it in one hole to hold one side of the upright in place while you screw a bolt in the other side.

Very good advices!!! I know from experience!;)

I got my Rseat N1 1 month ago and I think it is the best chassis out there for racing. They have thought of everything for extras. Here is a pic of my rig with a Direct Drive wheel set up.20180211_094714.thumb.jpg.16ae1d6f5e297542f04b7e12703ffb02.jpg

20180211_094724.jpg

Edited by TommyD

2 hours ago, TommyD said:

I got my Rseat N1 1 month ago and I think it is the best chassis out there for racing. They have thought of everything for extras. Here is a pic of my rig with a Direct Drive wheel set up.20180211_094714.thumb.jpg.16ae1d6f5e297542f04b7e12703ffb02.jpg

20180211_094724.jpg

Wow, great setup! From the name of the company - Thank you for the kind words!

5 hours ago, GrimeyDog said:

My N1 Rig came today....I dunno??? Am i the only 1 that the wheel deck moves up and down??? Im Not Happy!!! 

Maybe it's not tightened all the way or assembled incorrectly?

1 hour ago, HAVOC said:

Maybe it's not tightened all the way or assembled incorrectly?

Everything is possible - short video will be great!

We are here to help! I personally can be counted like support for RSEAT!;)

Edited by Krassi

I am also having a bit of movement when I am racing. I have tightened it down to the point that I am afraid I am going to break the bolts. I am using a direct drive wheel and it does weigh a lot more than a thrust master or g27 wheel.

Edited by TommyD

14 minutes ago, TommyD said:

I am also having a bit of movement when I am racing. I have tightened it down to the point that I am afraid I am going to break the bolts. I am using a direct drive wheel and it does weigh a lot more than a thrust master or g27 wheel.

Guys, check Shaun Cole`s review - he show the normal movement. Btw something to be absolute solid must be solid welded material. When you have moving joins - some movent is normal. But to see what we speak about - please show a video.

Yes I saw the video prior to me building my rig and I realize that my direct drive is heavier than a normal average wheel. I may end up drilling a hole once I get my final height set and putting a fixed bolt through the steel just to lock it permanently in place exactly where I want it.

I too watches Shaun Coles Video and thought it was Great... I have a RSeat RS1 that is Rock Solid No wheel deck Movement at all!!! I have Contacted them Via EMail Hopefully they will send a Spare Part Soon.... Behind this issue i dont even know if i want to keep it I spent $1,500 US and I'm Mad that the wheel deck is Not as solid as the RS1... My Heat sank like i wasted $$$ i dont know if i want to keep it Now... it was also very difficult to get the wheel deck post lined up with the Screw holes i had to get 1 screw in then use a C Clamp lije you use for squeezing brake calipers in to squeeze the post line up. I dont think they test fitted it before shipping.

Other than the wheel deck Moving the rig is Great but unfortunatly the wheel deck is the main part of the unit that must be movement free.

I only upgraded because the RS1 has alwats felt short on Leg space other than that the RS1 is Great.

I dont want to and im Not Bashing Rseat but im very dissapointed that the N1 is Not right.

I Emailed RSeat this Video....this video can only be seen because i pisted the link Please dont share this video its a private video i dont want to bash RSeat.

Im waiting for themnto Email Me back.

Edited by GrimeyDog

Hello, I will inform them,too. First to say that - we cant speak to moving wheel deck and compare it to RS1 for example - before even tighten, right? I saw the problem with the nut inside. Very important thing for futute owners not only to RSEAT, but to every product with bolts is - try bolts only when they are lined up, dont try to line the hole with screwing bolt. When you operate witht he bolts and threads - you gotta be extremely carefull. Same thing is for the Fanatec wheel shaft with the secure bolt hole. I am sure they will send this part, but be more carefull next time. As you said hole are difficult to line - this is because the design is made to be very tight, without extra movement- if you understand me.

Edited by Krassi

I have a Welding Machine i see where i can weld it.... But there is also another Quick Fix solution ---> Drill a Hole in the Top  wheel plate and Bolt it to the 2nd wheel plate. 

Its the Too plate that Moves the Most but i fear it may be a poor wheel deck design because once the top plate is fixed whats to stop the back plate from Moving there is only 1 screw holding it and Nothing to counter brace it in place.

12 minutes ago, Krassi said:

Hello, I will inform them,too. First to say that - we cant speak to moving wheel deck and compare it to RS1 for example - before even tighten, right? I saw the problem with the nut inside. Very important thing for futute owners not only to RSEAT, but to every product with bolts is - try bolts only when they are lined up, dont try to line the hole with screwing bolt. When you operate witht he bolts and threads - you gotta be extremely carefull. Same thing is for the Fanatec wheel shaft with the secure bolt hole. I am sure they will send this part, but be more carefull next time. As you said hole are difficult to line - this is because the design is made to be very tight, without extra movement- if you understand me.

Its Not the Wheel deck that was hard to line up those bolts went right in--> it was the Wheel deck post that bolts to the main body of the Rig by where the oadals are... By trade im a auto mechanic and im Very Familiar with how to bolt stuff together properly <--- Please donttake this as a shap or Negative response im just stating this fact so you can know i took care and pride in the assembly of the rig.

for $1,500 i think it should just be right that i should Not have to weld it --> if i wel it im screwed for future adjustments.

If tjis tjing is a Flop how will i explain that to the wife.

Edited by GrimeyDog

1 minute ago, GrimeyDog said:

Its Not the Wheel deck that was hard to line up it was the Wheel deck post that bolts to the main body of the Rig by where the oadals are... By trade im a auto mechanic and im Very Familiar with how to bolt stuff together properly <--- Please donttake this as a shap or Negative response im just stating this fact so you can know i took care and pride in the assembly of the rig.

for $1,500 i think it should just be right that i should Not have to weld it --> if i wel it im screwed for future adjustments.

Nobody said that you must to weld it, I said that only welded product have 0 flex and movement. When you have joints and andjustment points - always will have some movement. As you involved in car mechanics - you gotta know that.

30 minutes ago, Krassi said:

Nobody said that you must to weld it, I said that only welded product have 0 flex and movement. When you have joints and andjustment points - always will have some movement. As you involved in car mechanics - you gotta know that.

This is true... But coming from a RSeat RS1 i exoected the same build Quality with very Ridged and Next to No flex.... The N1 is flexing at the bolt Joints --> i dont see how it can be made right where as the RS1 the bolt joints were solid because there was a 2nd bolt 1 1/2 in away on the same level to counter balance---> the whole wheel deck Neck and Arm would bend but the bolt joints had no flex at all.  Look at some RS1 Pics and see.... these are custom wheel extention arms that i made for the RS1...Note how there are 2 bolts inline the 2nd bolt counter balances the first bolt.5a381d13003e9_20171001_0127341.thumb.jpg.c5dc127824b2afeba4fd9fd7d4bd7d9a.jpg59d3c03435ac0_20171003_1250461.thumb.jpg.a4094eaf5875ec172e0e4d5441caa1ae.jpg