Fanatec Mclaren wheel postponed?
3 3

75 posts in this topic

Yeah, I saw this in GT Planet, you will need to wait guys...this affects me, too - no matter I don`t have preorder - postponing will slow regular purchases,too..but we need to wait, better later than faster with compromises with quality etc...

Tru, BUT the lack of communication kills me. taking money is easy, communication afterwards seems to be a whole other story for a lot of manufacturers. they don't have to answer every question on there forum but they can post some updates once in a while for the people who invest there hard earned money into it. things can be delayed. no problem, but notify your customers in time and don't play the silent game!

Edited by Tjobbie

You are right - the unknown date is the worst scenario if you wait simracing Christmass for new goodies;) I hope they will make announcement soon and to be honest they must be close to delivery....as I saw a person that have one of these prototype unit maybe ,but have it in hands.... so that means that only production is left to be done.

20 minutes ago, stevemontuno said:

I really hope it's going to be compatible with the Leo Bodnar conversion board...

Can`t see why it will not be, this conversion board can be updated.

5 minutes ago, stevemontuno said:

Oooo a free clubsport QR for the delay ,,,, Man i so wish i'd pre-ordered now ,,only reason i didn't was cos of the poxy CSL QR & £99 for the CSQR,,,Haha ,,serves me right for being a tight arse,,,lol

I didnt preorder, because didn`t have chance to catch the website working in that moment... it was like black friday overloaded or at least for me looks like one.

1 minute ago, Krassi said:

I didnt preorder, because didn`t have chance to catch the website working in that moment... it was like black friday overloaded or at least for me looks like one.

tru, it was almost impossible to place an order. had to try many times before it finally worked.

2 minutes ago, Krassi said:

I reckon they'll be making plenty more than the pre-order so you'll probably get one on release anyways..

To be honest i'd rather wait for a youtube review before buying ,,,the only other thing i wanted to know is weather the plastic felt cheap or not,,,,,,although Fanatec gear is usually high quality gear ..

It is a shot in the dark but like you said Fanatec usually have pretty high standards as it comes to gear. but i was really doubting between this one or the real fiber formula wheel which is awesome too..... or the Porsche wheel,,,or the drift wheel, or... Damn, i want them all!:blink:

time will tell.. 

Edited by Tjobbie

14 minutes ago, Tjobbie said:

Just curious, Were you going to buy the rim for your gameshow or private? I mean, the rig you showed at the gameshow, is that your private rig?

Cheers.

No its not my private, it is N1 - at home I have RS1. The N1 in the show is mine ,too, but it is for the show. With other words I favorise viewers of the show than myself:) The best is for them. For the rim I believe it will be for my peersonal use. In show is better to have round rim. It will be too difficult for random teens and games to use GT3 rim.;)