SOLD
5 5

31 posts in this topic

Just a heads up, I emailed back and forth with the email address that was provided at the top of the page here (copied and pasted it in, [email protected]), while the email account has the user's name in it (Christian Underwood), I do not believe the person answering the emails knew much about sim racing and told me everything I wanted was still available (pretty much everything but the rSeat), and asked me to give him my best offer, then asked for my address and told me it would cost $30 to ship it all to me with no PayPal fees (which seemed low).  They\he then provided me with a PayPal account that was different then the email address that I was talking to, when I looked it up, it was defaulting to Philippine Pisos, I thought that all sounded quite odd (especially since he said he is in Ohio), so I sent an email confirming everything he told me, that for the dollar amount he had referenced I was getting all the products I mentioned and that included shipping and PayPal fees, I also asked a question based on a comment he made in a previous post a week ago about selling his ClubSport v2 base becuase he had gotten an OSW.  He did not really answer my question and proceeded to give me a different email that I should PayPal funds to, which defaulted to Euros this time.  Then, a few hours later sent an email saying don't pay him anything anymore (which I had already decided this was a bit too fishy for me).  I would always suggest never paying anybody by PayPal to a different email address then the one you are corresponding to them with.   

I don't know what is going on here, maybe this is all legitimate, but it seemed quite weird and not worth the risk.  Maybe the email address listed was miss-typed or something, or the email was hjaked, I don't know.  

While I am new to the sim racing community (thus trying to buy equipment), I have bought and sold car racing and motorcycling racing parts from forums for 20 years and have always found them to be the most reliable ways for finding used stuff. 

3 hours ago, gasgas200xc said:

Just a heads up, I emailed back and forth with the email address that was provided at the top of the page here (copied and pasted it in, [email protected]), while the email account has the user's name in it (Christian Underwood), I do not believe the person answering the emails knew much about sim racing and told me everything I wanted was still available (pretty much everything but the rSeat), and asked me to give him my best offer, then asked for my address and told me it would cost $30 to ship it all to me with no PayPal fees (which seemed low).  They\he then provided me with a PayPal account that was different then the email address that I was talking to, when I looked it up, it was defaulting to Philippine Pisos, I thought that all sounded quite odd (especially since he said he is in Ohio), so I sent an email confirming everything he told me, that for the dollar amount he had referenced I was getting all the products I mentioned and that included shipping and PayPal fees, I also asked a question based on a comment he made in a previous post a week ago about selling his ClubSport v2 base becuase he had gotten an OSW.  He did not really answer my question and proceeded to give me a different email that I should PayPal funds to, which defaulted to Euros this time.  Then, a few hours later sent an email saying don't pay him anything anymore (which I had already decided this was a bit too fishy for me).  I would always suggest never paying anybody by PayPal to a different email address then the one you are corresponding to them with.   

I don't know what is going on here, maybe this is all legitimate, but it seemed quite weird and not worth the risk.  Maybe the email address listed was miss-typed or something, or the email was hjaked, I don't know.  

While I am new to the sim racing community (thus trying to buy equipment), I have bought and sold car racing and motorcycling racing parts from forums for 20 years and have always found them to be the most reliable ways for finding used stuff. 

Same thing here. Also only answered questions about payment, not anything about the item. I wanted the RSeat. He said it was $$55 to ship to California. You think it’s fishy and to not go through with it?

59 minutes ago, Matthewtina2017 said:

Same thing here. Also only answered questions about payment, not anything about the item. I wanted the RSeat. He said it was $$55 to ship to California. You think it’s fishy and to not go through with it?

I thought so, but I don't want to tell other people what to do.  He could be a good guy.  Seems odd we have seen lots of comments about PMs sent, but no further comments from him.  I also would only send a payment to the email you have been communicating with unless he can provide a solid reason why not, but that is just me.  I am not sure of what PayPal requires if you want to file a claim with them either, they may say the same thing too about were not covering this as you sent money to a different address then one you have communication trail with.

And yes, $55 to send an RS1 from Ohio to California, I think that is less then rSeat charges and they have a business contract with UPS or Fedex to get them the best rates.  I have shipped high end mountain bikes across the country which are a somewhat similar sized box to what this would be and allot lighter, and for someone without a business contract, you are looking at a minimum of $150...  

Edited by gasgas200xc

47 minutes ago, gasgas200xc said:

I thought so, but I don't want to tell other people what to do.  He could be a good guy.  Seems odd we have seen lots of comments about PMs sent, but no further comments from him.  I also would only send a payment to the email you have been communicating with unless he can provide a solid reason why not, but that is just me.  I am not sure of what PayPal requires if you want to file a claim with them either, they may say the same thing too about were not covering this as you sent money to a different address then one you have communication trail with.

And yes, $55 to send an RS1 from Ohio to California, I think that is less then rSeat charges and they have a business contract with UPS or Fedex to get them the best rates.  I have shipped high end mountain bikes across the country which are a somewhat similar sized box to what this would be and allot lighter, and for someone without a business contract, you are looking at a minimum of $150...  

Thanks! I’m really conflicted. I would really love one. What will you do?

if anyone here has had positive experiences with this guy PLEASE let me know

6 minutes ago, Matthewtina2017 said:

Thanks! I’m really conflicted. I would really love one. What will you do?

if anyone here has had positive experiences with this guy PLEASE let me know

Matthew, I will send you a PM, I can send you the email trail I had with him, I am wondering if he gave you the same random gmail addresses to PayPal money to that was in different currencies.  I don't want to keep talking about this in a public forum in-case it is legitimate.  

Has anybody got shipping confirmation from him?  I bought the RSeat and like you guys said, paypal did get forwarded to another email.  Now I am beginning to wonder if this is legitimate...

2 minutes ago, steph280 said:

Has anybody got shipping confirmation from him?  I bought the RSeat and like you guys said, paypal did get forwarded to another email.  Now I am beginning to wonder if this is legitimate...

I also almost "bought" it from him. He gave me a paypal address before I even was close to finalizing. Sorry to say this dude, but I'd be worried if I were you. What price did you pay?

yea person refused to do a paypal invoice. even offered to pay the extra charge for it, i asked for this because first email for paypal went to currency conversion to guam. he said it was his wife and then insisted i do friends and family to a different address. so buyer beware. desperate times out there. not saying its not legit, just raised flags. protect yourselves at all times.

31 minutes ago, Matthewtina2017 said:

Well, looks like this thread was the push I needed to go 80/20 for my rig instead lol. Off topic, but does anyone have a place where I can learn, and ask for advice?

youre asking if theres a place where you can ask questions and learn about sim racing rigs? hmmm... nothing comes to mind 😁

I just had a chat with Paypal and apparently the email address is a legitimate business which has multiple email address tied to it.  And since the payment was sent for goods/services, it is covered under Paypal buyer protection program.  I have done a lot of business through Paypal since 1999 and their buyer protection program is legit.

Until somebody has some evidence to prove this is a fraudulent listing, I will give Christian benefit of the doubt for now.

Ok back to racing...