G920 Pedals not working after only a few weeks
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I've only been using the G920 wheel/pedals for a few weeks since Christmas, 2017, and the pedals stopped working recently. 

It took me a week just to get everything set up and working, because I've paired the wheel with a Thrustmaster Th8A shifter, and it took some tweaking to get everything the way I wanted.  But finally it was working, and I was enjoying myself.

Looking back, the pedals were not perfect, but nothing too noticeable.  But the pedals stopped working recently, when I examined it, I noticed that the cable is not securely fastened to the housing, so you can pull it in and out a bit.  Because the pedals are placed against the back of the desk, I'm thinking this may have somehow compromised the (probably) cheap wiring.

I'm annoyed that this is an issue, especially given the cost of the unit and the fact that after much deliberation,  I went with Logitech over Thrustmaster for its solid reliability....I submitted a warranty claim on the Logitech website on January 17 but haven't heard anything.  It just shows up on my support history with the case marked "open."

Anyone had similar issues or some idea how long it takes Logitech to get back you?

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, DigitalAtlas said:

I've only been using the G920 wheel/pedals for a few weeks since Christmas, 2017, and the pedals stopped working recently. 

It took me a week just to get everything set up and working, because I've paired the wheel with a Thrustmaster Th8A shifter, and it took some tweaking to get everything the way I wanted.  But finally it was working, and I was enjoying myself.

Looking back, the pedals were not perfect, but nothing too noticeable.  But the pedals stopped working recently, when I examined it, I noticed that the cable is not securely fastened to the housing, so you can pull it in and out a bit.  Because the pedals are placed against the back of the desk, I'm thinking this may have somehow compromised the (probably) cheap wiring.

I'm annoyed that this is an issue, especially given the cost of the unit and the fact that after much deliberation,  I went with Logitech over Thrustmaster for its solid reliability....I submitted a warranty claim on the Logitech website on January 17 but haven't heard anything.  It just shows up on my support history with the case marked "open."

Anyone had similar issues or some idea how long it takes Logitech to get back you?

Thanks.

You can see me saying in this forum that Thrustmaster and Logitech have rock solid support... today I can tell you that I have open ticket in Logitech system and I am waiting for answer 2 months now... no comment! I think they just don`t want to answer to cases with problems...

22 minutes ago, DigitalAtlas said:

What was the problem that you had?

This is ridiculous, I have not even had this for 1 month.  I will be harassing their local warehouse and contact centre until I get some kind of resolution.  This isn't a $20 mouse.

No matter what is the size of the problem - if the customer support received 10 messages from me and never came back for 2 months - this looks like the company is close to bakrupt - I cant see this to happens in normal company!