Proffered wheel size
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hello fellow sim races um about to start my first custom wheel mod.              And like to know what rim size ppl enjoy most iv got a Thrustmaster t300 and thinking of a round wheel again 300 mm , 320mm . Maybe 330. 

Before I  buy a wheel thought get ideals if I'll enjoy the size I buy. 

Hit me with you thoughts cheers 

Edited by mph08

Full size wheel. T500/T300/Logitech/whatever are all baby toy wheels

I've got a T500 sitting on the shelf. 

Going to a full size, real wheel makes a lot of difference. Much more fine control.

If you're going to mod your Thrustmaster rather than just build or buy an OSW package, then use a real wheel, that would be my recommendation. Momo Mod30 is popular and what I run on my rig, but something like that. Sparco.. Momo.. you know.. the good stuff. If you don't recognise the name then keep going.

4 hours ago, m3thuselah said:

Full size wheel. T500/T300/Logitech/whatever are all baby toy wheels

I've got a T500 sitting on the shelf. 

Going to a full size, real wheel makes a lot of difference. Much more fine control.

If you're going to mod your Thrustmaster rather than just build or buy an OSW package, then use a real wheel, that would be my recommendation. Momo Mod30 is popular and what I run on my rig, but something like that. Sparco.. Momo.. you know.. the good stuff. If you don't recognise the name then keep going.

Thank you for your feed back I'd love to buy a complete wheel tho I'm racing on a ps4 with no pc in the future as my first little 1 is on the way☺

I plan is to pick and buy a rim first then  mod the button plate from the thrustmaster board .

Just like to add 2 sites i found making good looking wheels also 

https://www.3drap.it

https://www.simracingcoach.com/en/

Morning sim races thanks for your help just some feed back I piced up a good deal on a 2nd hand f599xx  evo wheel and loving it. So thought it put what I saved to a boadyshaker set up maybe.