G27 Brake Mod
3 3

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Sorry if this may have come up before. Im looking at doing  hydraulic mod for my G 27.  Im thinking of fitting a e brake 3/4 push style master cylinder with a 500 psi 5 volt transducer...

What I have planed is-

image.png.0f2023b4ab24ff65f0811b5474314f3f.png

Remove the standard G 27 pedal and fit one off theses to my existing pedal plate... I may need to upgrade this for strength. Modify  the arm to fit a pedal pad.

image.png.efbadcb2fda33f3c32dd53e8a2d070d6.png

fit a brake reservoir on the inlet

image.png.0903178bfbffb7c8dc78705f99de9c88.png

Fit one of theses to the outlet with a bleeder adaptor.

With the wiring... the G 27 uses a 5 volt rotary pot. with a ground, signal and reference voltage. Is is possible to joining the corresponding wires from the pressure sensor to the existing pedal wiring  to get the pressure signal to work?

17 hours ago, dano065 said:

Hi,

Sorry if this may have come up before. Im looking at doing  hydraulic mod for my G 27.  Im thinking of fitting a e brake 3/4 push style master cylinder with a 500 psi 5 volt transducer...

What I have planed is-

image.png.0f2023b4ab24ff65f0811b5474314f3f.png

Remove the standard G 27 pedal and fit one off theses to my existing pedal plate... I may need to upgrade this for strength. Modify  the arm to fit a pedal pad.

image.png.efbadcb2fda33f3c32dd53e8a2d070d6.png

fit a brake reservoir on the inlet

image.png.0903178bfbffb7c8dc78705f99de9c88.png

Fit one of theses to the outlet with a bleeder adaptor.

With the wiring... the G 27 uses a 5 volt rotary pot. with a ground, signal and reference voltage. Is is possible to joining the corresponding wires from the pressure sensor to the existing pedal wiring  to get the pressure signal to work?

Hello,

Why you want to stick with G27 pedals and make such big improvements to them?

Hello, 

There are many ways of adding a handbrake to your Logitech G27. The way I have mine set up was soldering into the “O” button on the PCB shifter which is assigned as a handbrake anyways. Attach the wires to a one way switch and incorporate the switch into the hydraulic handbrake. Whenever you actuate the handbrake it will initiate the “O” button. There’s many videos on YouTube on how to do it, adding the hydraulic reservoir would add more resistance. I have modified my Logitech G27 to great lengths, check out my profile on ISRTV. If you need any further assistance hit me up. I know the G27 is outdated and it is better to buy something newer but I had bought it not really knowing what was available at the time. The journey has been fun and I am happy with what I have now. Best of luck and see you later.

15 hours ago, Krassi said:

Hello,

15 hours ago, Krassi said:

Hello,

Hi,

Thank you for replying to my post.. any help is appreciated. The main reason is purely due to cost. The parts shown coast approximately $100 where as a hydraulic pedal box is much more. I ma happy to hear suggestions though.

9 hours ago, Mestizo69 said:

Hello, 

There are many ways of adding a handbrake to your Logitech G27. The way I have mine set up was soldering into the “O” button on the PCB shifter which is assigned as a handbrake anyways. Attach the wires to a one way switch and incorporate the switch into the hydraulic handbrake. Whenever you actuate the handbrake it will initiate the “O” button. There’s many videos on YouTube on how to do it, adding the hydraulic reservoir would add more resistance. I have modified my Logitech G27 to great lengths, check out my profile on ISRTV. If you need any further assistance hit me up. I know the G27 is outdated and it is better to buy something newer but I had bought it not really knowing what was available at the time. The journey has been fun and I am happy with what I have now. Best of luck and see you later.

Hi,

Thank you for reading my post. I am actually thinking of using it as my brake pedal, not hand brake. Do you think this would work? if not why? I will check out what you have done.. I am very interested in seeing what other people have  modified.. I dont really seeing the point of re inventing what other people have tried and tested 

Thank you.

Sorry I misread your post, there are loadcells and hydraulic pedals on the market to improve the feel of the foot brake. I am currently using the Perfect Pedal which is a great upgrade. I think you could use the existing wiring harness from the stock pedal and wire it to the application you were trying to do but you would have to experiment with that. I am using the PS4 console for my sim racing so extra software to help work other hardware is limited to me. I was trying to use an old set of G27 pedals as rudder controls to add to my pedal deck but I need the software to run on a computer in order for it to work.