Wanted. Cables for fanatec csr elite steering wheel and pedals UK
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hi I'm new to all this stuff so please forgive my ignorance. 

Wanted cables for fanatec csr elite steering wheel and pedals.

I've bought the wheel and pedals from cex online but they have turned up with no cables at all and the casing of the pedals is broken. 

I know I am way behind the times but I played Forza 4 on an Xbox 360 after not gaming in donkeys years. I really enjoyed it and thought this would be great with a steering wheel. I did a  bit of research online and it said fanatec ones were the best. I found a set of pedals and wheel online from cex for £80. That's a good price I thought so ordered it there and then. At this point I didn't even have an xbox so I've bought one and and Forza 4. The wheel and pedals have turned up to today a bit bust up and with no cables. Gutted as I thought that was my evening sorted.

I think I've found a power supply on eBay that should work?

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/24V-5A-120W-AC-DC-Switching-Power-Supply-Pack-Adapter-Charger-Desktop-PSU-Black/112276472256?hash=item1a243301c0:g:sf4AAOSwHsRYEd~p

I can't find the lead to link the pedals and wheel I think it' a rj11 to ps/2.

Has anyone got any they can sell me or know where I can get them?

Many thanks, Olly.

15152707607772089627356.jpg

15152707917531089702257.jpg

15152708123171225214583.jpg

1515270848360712896163.jpg

Edited by olly.wadd

Hey mate, I don't have any but fanatec still sells them!

You're looking for a PS/2 – RJ12 cable.

Here is the link: http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/pedals-accessories/pedal-shifter-cable-2-0m-ps-2-rj11-eu.html

As for the power supply, I can't comment if that one will work but the power supply that came with my CSR Elite is 

INPUT: 100-240VAC 50/60Hz 200VA

OUTPUT: 24VDC 5A

So that's bang on. 

Good luck and happy racing. :-D

Edited by Amos830

Yep. They work fine for me. 

RJ11 and RJ12 are very similar.  Lots of computer shops will sell rj11 or rj12 to ps2 as well. But I bought them from fanatec just to be sure. 

I think I read somewhere that the fanatec ones a wired differently to the average cable so I guess I'll have to buy from them. The cable is cheap but the shipping is a bit steep. It also says the power supply is out of stock. I wish I had some cables I could try before spending more money as I don't even know if any of it works.

Hello,

It must be Fanatec produced, to work proper. The wires are with different configuration than regular PS2 to RJ adapter. Yes. the shipping is steep for such a small order.

38 minutes ago, olly.wadd said:

I think I read somewhere that the fanatec ones a wired differently to the average cable so I guess I'll have to buy from them. The cable is cheap but the shipping is a bit steep. It also says the power supply is out of stock. I wish I had some cables I could try before spending more money as I don't even know if any of it works.

If I was you - I will test pedals to PC first with usb printer cable. At least I will know they work in general.

For the wheel just to test it - you can use G25/G27 power suply. It will not be enough to be used like replacement, because have lower amp than needed, but just to test calibration and windows Fanatec panel function like buttons etc - it is ok.