triple ultrawide 34" set up questions
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am planning to build a triple ultrawide 34" 144Hz, preferably the LG UC89G (2560*1080). 

My PC is driven by a 8G 1080, CPU is an rather old 3.7 GHz early i7. Currently I play AC with Oculus CV1 and happy with the performance, however, when there are about 10 cars in a race, the performance will drop to an very unpleasant level which frustrates me, any one got similar situation? Any solutions?

Also since I ware glass, prolong race is not possible, so I think about a triple setup so I can enjoy a smoother race + better image quality even though sacrificing the perfect immersion of VR.. 

I heard that a single 1080 is not able to drive a triple ultrawide setup in 144hz with each monitor has 2560*1080 resolution in high / ultra setting, I am struggling that I should go for a 1080 SLI or simply get 1 1080ti...or only 1080ti SLI can do the job? 

I have done some research, sometimes people said triple 21:9 34" is not as good as triple 16:9 27" because the objects on the side monitors will be stretched and distorted...I once saw a video for triple 21:9 34" on youtube, the objects on the center monitor were perfect but those on the sides were stretched badly...even the guy was playing AC which got triple monitor support.....I really want to know, is it true that even in triple monitor support titles like AC, RF2, Raceroom etc..will have stretch with triple 21:9? But it is strange that some other triple 21:9 videos do not notice this issue...at least...from the videos....

Triple 16:9 27" is good, many videos show a nice FOV setup, in case triple 21:9 setup is not mature enough, I am OK to go with  triple 27 / 16:9 32".....but it seems to me that a center monitor in 21:9 can nicely replicate the windshield in a single monitor, so that I can have more rooms for the sides (both windows and side mirrors) with the 2 "big wings" for extend the immersion!  

I am heavily inspired by John's review of triple ultrawide BenQ which was so impressing and want to make a similar setup after a few months with my CV1..

Any one with experience of triple ultrawide can give me some advice please! Many Thanks! 

It will stretch a little but it never bothered me really. 

I run 3x xr3501's 

1080ti  [email protected]

32 gigs of ram 

I can run ultra settings @90 fps

Turned down to high I achieve 144

Assetto Corsa/RaceRoom 20 cars on track single player

iRacing I run max daytime at 144. 12 to 16 cars on track.

I turn shadows off for cars.

PS. Check out the single 49" 144hz monitor by LG I believe. It might be my next monitor.

Side note I will be selling 4 BenQ xr3501's  mid February.

hi Frag 133,

Thank you so much for your share, very useful, even though a bit not so happy with the little stretch, luckily seems not a very big deal....honestly this issue do border me, but the fact is a 27" 16:9 144hz monitor is not cheap at all compare to a 34" 21:9, that's the reason encourage me to try the new 21:9....

I saw the real thing of the new Samsung CHG90 49" in a shopping mall here, it does look amazing, but too expensive....and it just got Free sync version.....For me, I think I still prefer to have 2 side angled monitors...definitely it would be perfect for a 49" + dual 27", but it seems not achievable in very near future....

WOW....Very nice rig! And....DBOX! (mouth watering.....)

If you want 34" Ultra-Wides @ 144Mhz then buy it.  Don't compromise on monitors as you are less likely to upgrade your monitors than your PC so you are best purchasing them correctly upfront.

Man.....this is EXACTLY the point! My struggle is obviously that I think 27" is very good but 34" is perfect, me too, just want to get the perfect thing at the beginning. 

What surprise me a bit is that even a 1080ti still not able to get something close to 144FPS (of course will quality graphics, most important)....I believe SLI would be able to get close to it...but 2 1080tis + 3 ultrawides + the monitor stand will be too much for me...that's why I am thinking 1080 SLI instead...Anyway, 90-100 is already very very good, I don't know, many people say the difference between 100 & 120/144FPS is even not noticeable unless head to head comparsion, and as long as g sync is working in 90/100FPS, I believe it shouldn't be a problem for me even I will not be able to reach consistent 144FPS on a 144hz monitor.   

For car simulation games (e.g. AC, rF2, iRacing, Automobilista, Project Cars 2 etc.) the main downside to triple ultra-wides is physical real-estate.  My 35" monitors total 203cm wide.

Yes, I notice that the "wing-span" is so large, have you tried to adopt a smaller(?) angle for the sides, similar to John's setup? Does it affect the correct FOV? it looks good from the photo / video as the side window is so close to the driver, like what it should be in the real world.

isrtv triple benq的圖片搜尋結果