Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planning a new rig build

2 posts in this topic

I am in the planning stage of a new rig. I previously built a MDF rig rather quickly to get off a desk. It also helped to figure out the ergonomics. The new rig will be done in roll bar tubing fully notched and welded. I plan to have the seat stationary as that way seat adjustments wont have an effect on the FOV. The wheel and pedal mounts will be adjustable to suit different people. I will be going to a triple monitor setup. The rig will get powder coated. 

I like when a new project comes around as it means new tools. I will pick up a tubing bender, tubing notcher and welder for this build. I hope to be able to do it in a modular design so it will be in 2 or 3 parts to transport to the room upstairs that I use for sim racing. The build will start mid March. If interested I can do a build diary and keep it posted here.

FB_IMG_1490985206414.jpg

FB_IMG_1491418804909.jpg

If you have a Harbor freight tools near you you can pick up a welding machine pretty Cheap!!! I picked up the 90Amp Flux welder for less than $100.00 and it does a Really Good job at welding!!! Look it up on youtube.  I used it to weld custom Mods to My RS1 Rig and the welds are Rock solid <--Also I'm a Newbie welder Never welded anything before --> i bought a bunch of Metal rods and stuff from home depot before welded the rig so i could practice to get a good welding bead technique then went for it!!! the weld's came out Really Nice and solid!  Good luck on your New project post pics when its done.