Where to buy Fanatec products in Canada
5 5

18 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is the wrong section.   As the title says.. where can I purchase a Fanatec CSL Elite Base and V3 pedals in Canada?  Only place i can find that sells Fanatec products is Simulation1.ca.. but their prices are over priced.  I wanted to jump on Fanatecs Black Friday sale but upon placing my order, the site wouldn't let me proceed.  Does Fanatec even ship out to Canada?  Any Canadians had any experience ordering from Fanatec?

Thanks sebj.. yah Im all in for supporting your local business as sim1 is only 30 mins away.   But thier prices are too high and when I called the store the guy that answered seemed really uninterested to help.  Oh well, will try to order again from Fanatec.. wish there was just some other Canadian businesses that offer Fanatec products at a reasonable price.

• Funny, i've just been looking on simulation1 s site pricing up some stuff and everything on there is way overpriced. I've gone direct to manufacturers site or even from a supplier in a different country and its always cheaper. I bought my handbrake from fanatec direct and it was way cheaper no problems getting it shipped to Ontario either.
  • I've just been on fanatec again looking for something and there was no problem putting in a Canadian address

Simulation1 even add on a handling fee too! disgusting! I'll never buy from there.

Hope that helps

Haven't really looked into Accuforce, but they look really nice, but I'm assuming those are direct drive wheels and my budget isn't really big.  Looking to spend somewheres between $1200-$1500 for a good base, a wheel, a good pedal setup like the Fanatec V3 and if there is money left over maybe a H-shifter.  So basically with my budget I'm stuck with either Fanatec or Thrustmaster.

Yes...I agree. Supporting local business is preferable special within your own Country. I am like you, where they're about an 1he away. But the prices are insane...it's like he's not even interested in selling the product, probably just got on board as a seller to get a discount for himself.

Anyway those Canadians who've purchased Fanatec via the US...what about customs? Or taxes when the product arrives? Do they ship via USPS or FedEx or UPS ect. How much on top of the price shown do you pay? Our dollar agaisnt the US sucks...so maybe direct through Germany?

I am interested in a base and wheel setup...thinking about that CSL Ps4 version. 

Its really too bad someone in Canada hasn't picked up the ball. Selling for a reasonable price. I don't have anything against someone make money...but those prices are almost doubled. Would be interesting to see what incentives Fanatec offers to those to well their product? 

Edited by Nomad06

I bought from Fanatec direct and after customs and shipping it came out to a bit less than sim1. Probably saved about $50 on a $300 purchase. 

They have to pay rent so I don't expect cheaper than direct.

Accuforce comes with a wheel then one can get used pedals. Also good to keep an eye here because lots of used gear goes on sale. 

Lol...yeah...I see why there isn't much of a difference...Fanatec wants $180 US to ship to Canada...that is an insane price to ship a base wheel. 

I want Fanatec...but they can shove it where the sun doesn't shine...that is nothing but robbery!! 

Working in the shipping industry, I know that they're absolutely taking Canadians for a ride here. That's really unfortunate. 

So, been researching, as a Canadian trying to buy Fanatec in Canada. It is a very difficult process. Why doesn't Fanatec have more reorientation in Canada? 

Currently, I have the Porsche GT3rs wheel with the v.1 pedals. I love my GT3rs...however it's time to upgrade. Great wheel...but I want something more, that will run with my Ps4 as well as my PC. Running a YouTube channel and the hours I put into SiM..This wheel has done well by me,  still does, however it's time to upgrade...but....

My quest to find a realistic price point had been less than fruitful. I am thinking about the (base/wheel) CSL Elite Ps4 version and in the US at $480 it appears to be a good deal...however looking at what appears to be the only Fanatec distributor in Canada, for the same product, they want an insane price $760!! +tax. It's very hard to see or understand the massive price gouge...errr, I mean gap lol.

I understand our dollar isn't as strong as the US...but even still, with conversion puts the US price point at $595.00

This is supposed to be Fanatec North America...but really is a US version of the site...with one Canadian dealer 😕

With a $165+tax, gap with no apparent reasoning...as everyone has the same opprotunity to sell and have costs associated with running a business...why is there then, such a significant price gap in Canada? I beleive it maybe due to that there is a lack of competition within Canada that drives the price up, and that is very unfortunate, for us as the consumer and I beleive Fanatec as a company.

I've tried to order off of Amazon...through the US ..there is wheel base pedal combo at a reasonable price..but you can't get it shipped to Canada...I also go to Amazon Canada, there are plenty of Thrustmaster and Logitech products...but nothing really from Fanatec like in the Rim and Base market.

It's a shame really. Too bad there wasn't a more reasonable offering or options within Canada...I beleive if there were.. You would see more SIM racers using Fanatec than there is now.

Unfortunately Fanatec is too cost prohibitied atm...but I am still searching for a solution. Of there are others out there that may have links or distributor names please let me know and I will check then out for sure.

Cheers

Just my 2 cents.

I have also looked into getting into more fanatec products, and as you guys have concluded there is no good options. 

Buying direct, there is just to much extra cost, with shipping, duties, etc. 

I have bought from Sim1 once before, when they had the CSP V2 on clearance for a decent price. But overall their prices are redicoulously high.

It's a weird place, they have a bunch of rigs set up with different gear which is cool, but doesn't really come off as a store. No halves or displays with products. You can see whatever is on the rigs but that's it. Everything else is in the back. And even the time I did  it the pedals, I had to call and set up a time I would be there, so he would come meet me as the store wasn't just open to walk in. 

It would be nice if we got more options, but I'm guessing that the market for SIM racing equipment at this price point is very niche. Add in that Canada is pretty small when compared to the US, I guess there probably isn't much in sales to be made to operate a whole business on. 

I'm in the same boat as you guys.   Want to get back into sim racing after a loooong layoff and looking for Fanatec product in Canada seems to be impossible without the premium price tag. 

Are there any other quality brands (non TM or Logitech) that have distributors here that don't charge double the price?

I'm in Niagara so I'm actually thinking of ordering from Fanatec US and just going across the border to pick stuff up and pay my tax/duty at the border to save a few $$$ over getting it shipped here.  

Anyone found a solution?

What I think the best way is to use free shipping with Amazon.com (a lot of Fanatec product there) to a US address...

From there either go get the package if you are near the border or use some service like AFTUS (anything from the US) to ship to your local address or to a warehouse in Canada.

Fanatec charges me 294$ in shipping for the Forza Bundle for Xbox ( I live near Montreal)... this is ridiculous, using free shipping with Amazon you save 294$ US..

After that you pay for the shipping, probably around 50$, and the taxes which are inevitable.

I ask for a quote from AFTUS, I will let you know when I receive it, this should include everything (taxes, duty, shipping, etc...)

Yes...Amazon US sells Fanatec...however...and I tried...for some reason they will not ship to Canada...they will ship just about anything else...but not Fanatec...and for reasons I do not know....I am going to contact customer service...they do not sell Fanatec via Amazon.ca ...they sell Trustmaster and Logitiec wheels...but not Fanatec unfortunatley.

Hey!!

Was a solution ever found for this ? I live in Quebec and I really want to order a wheel from Fanatec even with the conversion rate and all that.  How much duty / tax would I be paying at the door or if I ship to the states and pick it up going through the border? 

Has anyone here actually took the plunge and ordered a wheel? What kind type of extra costs were involved?

Thanks !

Hey guys,

You can try using Kinek shipping point and drive across the border to pick it up. This will only be cost effective if you live near one of the Kinek points. https://www.kinek.com/cross-border-shopping/

Regarding the duties here's a link to a forum discussing their success of bringing large items across the border. https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comments/3apdbf/has_anyone_used_the_kinekpoint_ship_to_the_border/

I haven't personally done it yet, but I am interested to see if this works. If anyone here is willing to give it a try, please share the results and findings. Much appreciated for our fellow Canadians :)

Thanks,
Howard