Brand new CSL elite racing wheel ps4 version Dead On Arrival............?
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share with you my big disappointment.

I received my CSL elite racing wheel for the ps4 and as soon as i bolted on my rig and tried to update the firmware. The wheel is not calibrating at all. When i press the power button it turns a bit to the right (not more than 60 degrees) then back to the left ,for even less, and stops. The 3 orange rev lights stay on and the led over the power button blinks red.

Any ideas? I sent an email to technical support and now i am waiting for response.

Edited by ANDRITSOULAS

Go to fanatec community section of it web page for all CSL ELITE instructions.Also when you updated it did you update it in PC mode  RED mode if not update it again   and you  also need to re calibrate the wheel after every update  also playststion 4 mode is purple mode light and some games yellow mode please go to the FANATEC COMMUNITY section 

I can not do anything on the wheel. It doesn't work at all. I updated the wheel through bootloader menu and when It supposed to start calibration, it will do this. I can not change anything through the mode button. It just flashes red

Edited by ANDRITSOULAS

14 hours ago, ANDRITSOULAS said:

I can not do anything on the wheel. It doesn't work at all. I updated the wheel through bootloader menu and when It supposed to start calibration, it will do this. I can not change anything through the mode button. It just flashes red

Hello,

first of all - dont worry! You can contact Fanatec support team and they will help! I highly recommend when someone opens new wheel - no matter of the brand - first to test it as is, not to jump on the firmware update. This will help you to know the status of the wheel as it is recieved. I am not sayint that you did something wrong, just it will be easier to diagnose the problem.

Until Fanatec helps - you can test to remove the rim and put it back again, try to reflash firmware etc. Another thing is that you can unplug it from USb and power suply and leave it like this at least 30 min and after that to start it again.

Cheers

Try uninstalling the driver, then reinstall. Let it update the firmware when it comes up. Make sure you are in computer mode  before you install the driver. The light should be red.Read the manual and not just the quick guide it tells you how to do it.

The problem was a sensor that sees the position of the wheel . Code wheel sensor. They sent me one but due to the improper packaging i received it broken. I called a friend of mine who managed to repair the sensor for now and it works good. Also the cable of the pedals that goes to the wheelbase was slightly deformed and had bad connection in result the pedals didn't respond at all. He managed to fix this too. Had allready the latest firmware.

I asked them a new sensor and i am waiting for their answer.

5 minutes ago, ANDRITSOULAS said:

The problem was a sensor that sees the position of the wheel . Code wheel sensor. They sent me one but due to the improper packaging i received it broken. I called a friend of mine who managed to repair the sensor for now and it works good. Also the cable of the pedals that goes to the wheelbase was slightly deformed and had bad connection in result the pedals didn't respond at all. He managed to fix this too. Had allready the latest firmware.

I asked them a new sensor and i am waiting for their answer.

How looks this sensor? can you show a picture?

hi, I'm having the same issue, as soon as I got it, installed it, updated firmware but I expend like 3 hs trying to get it work.

first I got this

then it changed into this

yesterday it worked just fine, booted up and calibrated correctly but today I got the same issue.

should I just contact them via facebook chat or via support section and open a ticket, right?

13 hours ago, LRatafia said:

hi, I'm having the same issue, as soon as I got it, installed it, updated firmware but I expend like 3 hs trying to get it work.

first I got this

then it changed into this

yesterday it worked just fine, booted up and calibrated correctly but today I got the same issue.

should I just contact them via facebook chat or via support section and open a ticket, right?

No doubt you must do it! In the support section!:)

Edited by Krassi

got in contact with Fanatec's support and they are sending me the sensor already, within a few days. Shit happens but support is really good I guess. And it's an easy part to replace, no need to send the wheel to their workshop.