Triple Screen Without Nvidia Surround in iRacing?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is somewhere, I searched but couldn't find the answer.  I have a triple screen setup that I play iRacing on and while I generally play in VR I also have a triple monitor setup.  In the past I've used Nvidia Surround to create a 5760x1080 Windows desktop and while I know that works is there a way to do triple screen in iRacing without that?  It's causing some other issues so I'd rather not use it if I don't have to.

Thanks!

I have no first hand experience with iRacing or nVidia Surround. I only know what I have found online about the 2 subjects. So pardon me if I'm missing something here.

I looked at the FAQ for iRacing and I see no mention of using nVidia Surround. Have you tried this? The first half of this is just how to get Windows and nVidia control panels to see the monitors and arrange them. After that it's all about iRacing settings editing config files.

On 11/19/2017 at 10:43 AM, Wolf68k said:

I have no first hand experience with iRacing or nVidia Surround....

No offense as I do appreciate the attempt to offer assistance but why would you reply to something when you have zero knowledge of it?  Do you just find forums where you don't know things yet answer replies?  Do you go to your dentist for car repairs?  I've worked in IT for 25 years so I have LOTS of experience, if I'm unsure of the answer I need information from someone that DOES have experience.

To answer my own question unless someone shows me I'm wrong you do need Nvidia Surround or Eyefinity for triple screen.  iRacing does have "true" triple support so it can handle bezel correction for you if you don't want to do it in Surround for some reason.

So I do appreciate you taking your time and I'm not trying to be an a$$ but try to stick to topics where you can actually help someone rather than just building posts and spamming threads...

I was trying to help. You didn't say what other methods you've tried. You only said you did one method. If you had said you tried the method I had suggested I wouldn't have said a damn thing.

I can't tell you the number of times in 25 years of IT, that I too have also done, where I've dealt with people say they are doing something one way and no have any idea there is another and many of those are also dealing with people that area also in IT so you would think they would smart enough how to look this up for themselves.

Just because someone might not have personal experience with something doesn't mean they can't still offer assistance. What I offered with perfectly acceptable help with the limited amount of information you offered.

Frankly your reply does come off with you acting like an ass. You could have just simply said something to the affect of 'thanks but I tired that' instead of rambling on giving me crap about it and using lame analogies. So I'll just do this from now, next time you ask for help, even if it's something I just might be able to help with, I won't bother because the last thing I need is to get my ass chewed out for trying to help.

I am pretty sure in the graphics settings menu of iRacing there are bezel correction and angle options to adjust to suit your triple screen setup. Personally I use the surround option for pretty much all sim titles that I am not using VR for, but iRacing does have some adjustments most of the others don't. There is also SMP integrated into iRacing, one of the few titles that I have actually seen use the technology that Nvidia was raving about with the 10 series cards. Sell us the idea, then never implement it properly. Typical Nvidia. 

Have a look around and play in the menu and see what suits you better. Surround can be a pain in the ass but I think I have worked out its quirks in Windows 10 well enough now for it not to be too much of a hassle. Don't forget to use bezel correction and select the appropriate bezel corrected resolution in game. 

Mhooner........  That is what I do but I feel like I'm missing something or doing something wrong?  I like increased field of vision, that one window give you, on some tracks.  

10 hours ago, DwHoyt said:

Mhooner........  That is what I do but I feel like I'm missing something or doing something wrong?  I like increased field of vision, that one window give you, on some tracks.  

Nope, not missing anything. Just make sure your center monitor is at eye level and adjust the 2 outer monitors at a bit of an angle (15 - 20 degrees). You won't get a perfect match but it will give you a greater field of view so you can look past the turns so to speak.