Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Currently using DFGT, is upgrading to G25 worthy?

10 posts in this topic

I'm currently using Logitech Driving Force GT and so far I have no issue with the steering wheel but pedals are absolutely rubbish. I'm currently using pedals from Thrustmaster FGT and it makes me over 1 second a lap faster.

Besides, the shifter is on the wrong side (though I live in Greece but I came from country that steering wheel is on the right side). Also paddle shifters is just small buttons.

I found a 2nd hand G25 around 160 euros, the owner say it's in good nick.

The questions are:

- How much better force feedback G25 provide than DFGT in term of detail not how strong it is? Because when I turn up FFB in DFGT to very high it almost rips my arms off. So all I care about is detail of it.

- Which is smoother and quieter wheel? G25 or DFGT? I've tried it long time ago and almost forgot how loud and smooth it is.

To be addressed:

Smoothness and noise level is not my main goal but it is one of the thing I try to archive anyway. My main goals are detail of force feedback and precision.

Thanks

I have both a g25 and DFGT ... the g25 is strictly for my PC and I use the DFGT for console games

DFGT is a toy compared to the g25... but honestly it would depend on what specific games you want to play on the wheel

for iRacing or anything where you specifically will get more enjoyment with an h-pattern shifter and clutch you definately will benefit from the g25... i couldn't imagine playing iRacing with DFGT and having the game shift for me (or automatic clutch)

BUT... if its a Rally or F1 game where they don't typically use the clutch ANYWAY and just 2 pedals is Okay... the DFGT is just fine .. .even for something like Richard Burns Rally the DFGT would be just fine since most rally cars don't use clutch or H-patter... F1 2010, Dirt 3 .... stick to DFGT for those games

oh... and the g25 is quieter but still makes noise... FFB is better in the g25 but it really just has a better feel overall because it has 2 FFB motors in it... I don't think strength is much different ... but my DFGT makes a weeezing sound like it wants to Die if I have it on full FFB for 20 mins... the g25 doesn't

hope that helps

Thanks a lot.

I mostly play casual game like Dirt, Grid. But also play a lot of rFactor, Race 07 and it's expanstion, LFS but never do iRacing or rather will never play it since I don't want to pay monthly to play something.

I mostly shift with paddles because DFGT shifter is not so comfortable for me.

If G25 can transmit and interpenetrate some force-feedback details that DFGT can't then I'll think about it again. Nevertheless it's all down to program inside the game to send signal to steering wheel. If both can translate the same thing and G25 is better because it has 2 motors to give user slightly more feel it then I won't change it.

I'm still thinking of alternative solution like Act-Labs shifter and pedals, so I don't have to risk with 2nd hand stuff. :mrgreen:

Act Labs?.... do you have a link I wouldn't mind taking a look at those

if you want to upgrade your pedals from DFGT ... clubsport pedals are some serious hardware.... they'd be a serious upgrade...but cost 2/3rds the cost of g27

but for me the pedals are the biggest issue with DFGT not FFB strength

Pedals are big problem for me too. Someone say I can get G25/27 pedals and plug it in to adapter to work as a standalone USB device, that's a cunning idea but problem is only pedal unit is hard to find here.

I have the link for Act Labs but it's currently down.

Anyway, there you go >> http://www.act-labs.com/products/race1.htm

Also a youtube video about shifter

Unfortunately I can't find any footage or picture of pedals.

I support this; CSP are awesome!!!!

OK guys!..whats the deal here? Ive been hearing so much mixed stuff about being able to use "Club Sports" with the "DFGT" that my head is spinning!first I heard there is NO way to use any pedals other than the standard "DFGT" stock pedals...then Im hearing you can somehow use "G27" or "Clubsport" pedals with it...while I do not HATE the stock "DFGT" pedals, & really do not think they deserve all the crap they always get,I know they are far from top notch,but they do get the job done & I never feel at a disadvantage when I am racing against guys using "G27's" & "Fanatecs" mid to higher end stuff...maybe a wee bit out gunned with those T-500RS Bastards!...hehe :lol: ...but thats just jealousy rearing it's ugly head eh![damn those are SWEET wheels!]..so whats the real deal guys? can you actually use "Club Sports" with the Logitech "DFGT"?...Darin?..Shaun?...if so,Im there man! cheers guys.

You can definitely use pedals from another controller if you wish. It depends on the game if it allows to use more than 1 controller without causing any trouble. Most of the games support this kind of configuration.

Just plug it in and configure axis manually then off you go.

Currently I'm using DFGT wheel with pedals from Thrustmaster FGT. It doesn't give the same progression feeling but pedals are stiffer and travel more so I can have more control with it. I'm selling the FGT now so I have to find another way around.

For me it's not always what you use but how you use it. But... better equipments result in a better progression.

BTW if anyone from Greece passing by and happens to have broken G25/27 with working pedals, you can always contact me via PM. ;)

I have experience with the G25 and tbh I prefer the DFGT wheel as the customizable buttons are quite nearby and there are tons of buttons on the wheel. I custom map all the wheel buttons. I really use the horn when I'm mad in game:D Like you I drive on the right side and the gear is in the wrong place and use the pedal shifts. I think you are all set with the pedals as well. I'd get the fanatec clubsports if I had the money