Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fanatec GT2 and Dirt 3?

5 posts in this topic

I have been lurking around this website for awhile ever since I decided to buy a fanatec GT2 wheel, but I have never had to the need to ask a question until now.

Is anyone out there playing Dirt 3 on the Xbox 360 with the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 (the one that is compatible with 360/PS3/PC)? I just played for the first time last night and everything was working well except the force feedback. I have emailed Codemasters about the issue, but I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same problem. The wheel was reacting to the surfaces and the wheel slip correctly, but there just wasn't any rumble happening. I had all force feedback settings on 100%.

I just got my wheel yesterday. I don't have issues with force feedback, but make sure you exit the settings mode to confirm them. Also try turning everything off and then back on as I had mine glitch and feedback stopped on the PC when I was trying things out.

To be honest I am quite disappointed with codemasters and dirt 3 on the xbox. I played dirt 2 on my pc with the fanatec GT2 which has a preset for fanatec wheels and it was incredible with amazing feedback very realistic, you can fell every knock and weight shift if the car. On the 360 I'm just getting a bit of rumble and left/right pulling feedback. It's ok and the wheel makes up for some slack with the awesome feedback settings, but it seems that there was no love given to fanatec on the 360 version of dirt 3.

At least that's how I feel. I fired up forza 3 for comparison and turn10 have really done an incredible job of making full use of the fanatec wheels with clutch support and incredible feedback. It feels like a generation better than the dirt 3 feedback. I really hope codemasters sort this out. I would consider getting dirt 3 on the PC, only it's download only and that's a deal breaker for me.

Wow, I was really looking forward to Dirt 3 on XBOX360 too. I don't remember the guys mentioning weak feedback in any of their Dirt3 previews. I guess I'll wait for the official review before I buy it. I was going to get it this weekend.

Is anyone else having weak force feedback on the XBOX360 with Dirt3?

Yeah. I am having weak force feedback issues with dirt 3 on xbox 360 on a CSR wheel. It;s odd though, Dirt2's feedback is brilliant, but dirt3's just feels totally watered down. Big deadzone too.

I have owned dirt 3 on ps3 since day one, playing with my CSR wheel, and before it, with my DFGT wheel. The game feels amazing with both wheels on the ps3. I recently purchased the dirt 3 complete edition on my 360 so I could get all the dlc and play with a few leagues that are only on xbox 360. I could not get past how terrible the ffb is on the xbox version. Just like you guys said, barely tugs to left or right, if I turn my damper up, the wheel churps like mad. No vibration whatsoever, and to top it all of, my ps3 version will let me map my sequential shifter as hand brake... the xbox version won't allow it. So I'm still playing my ps3 version while my brand new xbox version collects dust.

Shame really