T150 Voltage Issue - Power Supply to be changed
3 3

8 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I bought a T150 on Amazon in the US and when I received it I plugged with an adaptor on my 220V plug.  Immediate bad smell. I realized Thrustmaster power supply don't accommodate both 110V and 220V.  Mine was 110V only.

Here are my questions:

1) Do you think that I change the power supply it will work? Do you think the power supply play the role of fuse or there is a high probability of damage after the power supply? (Using the great thread on this forum, I should be able to replace it with a laptop power supply.)

2) I opened the steering wheel and removed the power supply. I removed all the plugs. However, there was a single wire between the power supply and electronic board. I accidentally cut this wire at the board level. Does someone know the role of this wire and where it goes on the electric board?

Thanks
Julien

On 10/25/2017 at 1:37 AM, Krassi said:

I am not 100% sure , but this must be ground wire. I cant see why you dont solder it on the same place. Or you cant find the same exact point?

I can not find the same exact point and could not find a picture on internet.

There is no ground wire on US plug provided with the T150.

Edited by JulienG

Hey JulienG, I've the same issue with mine, and it seems to have the supply burnt and needs to be replaced, but thing is, we need to know the output of the power supply since the output shall be plugged into the control board of the wheel, so it needs to have exact output values,

i.e. Input 100v-125v ,60Hz, 0.8A  -------> Output ??DCV ??A 

And concerning the black wire, you should solder it back to the control board of the wheel, it seems to be the ground though, but not sure...

Good for you man, and good to know that the black wire isn't that vital after all...

You won't believe what happened, the other day, I went and wrote the same issue and sent it to Thrusmaster and guess what was their reply...They said that I won't be able to fix the transformer even if I bought a new converter...and they are ready for any proposals?!

I went with my burnt transformer to a local electrician specialized in transformers, and he cut through the transformer casing which was melted down and removed a small fuse (seems to be a protection one) internally from the transformer, and returned everything back and told me it's fixed, and he said that I needed to buy a Power converter from 110v to 220v with high watts (he stated more than 150watts), so I did and bought a converter with 200watts, and connected the wheel and it worked and I played for about 30 mins. Project Cars!!!!....So ALL HAIL LOCAL TALENTS....lmao...

Thanks man for sharing the adaptor image as well...and I hope neither of us has to fix anything else no more, cuz it is so tiring... :)