Question About Custom Wheels on a Thrustmaser Wheelbase
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Hi there all! First off, I want to apologize if this question has been previously asked somewhere else, but for the life of me, I can't find any related threads.

I was wondering if the Thrustmaster wheelbases require the original wheel to be connected in order for the PC to recognize it. I ask this for I will soon upgrade to a Thrustmaster wheelbase (either a TS-XW, TS-PC, or T300 wheelbase) and would like to use my custom F1 and GT style wheels.

I am currently using a Logitech G920, and to my dismay, I found out the original wheel's PCB needed to be connected to the wheelbase for it to be recognized by my PC, so needless to say, I hacked it up to make it work with my custom wheels.

So, any of you Thrustmaser owners can confirm that I need not connect a Thrustmaster wheel to the base to be recognized by the PC and still have the FFB functions, etc.?

Thanks! Hope to hear from any of you soon! And sorry again if this was previously asked and if this is in the wrong forum category!

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply!

So, I won't lose FFB on the Thrustmaster wheelbase if the original wheel is not connected to it, right?

I'm just wondering since I am currently using a Logitech G920, upon removing the original wheel from the base and added the custom wheel, the whole wheelbase wasn't recognized by my PC at all; I had to hack in the the original wheel's PCB to make my PC recognize the wheelbase.

Sorry if I sound like an "ask-hole" lol I just wanna be extra sure before I upgrade =]

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Rinax89 said:

Thanks for the reply!

So, I won't lose FFB on the Thrustmaster wheelbase if the original wheel is not connected to it, right?

I'm just wondering since I am currently using a Logitech G920, upon removing the original wheel from the base and added the custom wheel, the whole wheelbase wasn't recognized by my PC at all; I had to hack in the the original wheel's PCB to make my PC recognize the wheelbase.

Sorry if I sound like an "ask-hole" lol I just wanna be extra sure before I upgrade =]

Thanks again!

Hello, 

as you know G27 and G25 was very easy to mod with real wheel. STrange why , but Logitech decided to make G29 and G920 in the way - that if you remove original rim - the wheel won`t work.

With Thrustmaster you can add real wheel removing the original rim and everything will work!

No you wont lose any FFB ,,,,the only difference FFB could be effected would be through the weight of the wheel,,,for example if you use a very heavy wheel rim you might need to up the ffb levels due to the dampening from the weight of the wheel,,if its a lighter wheel rim than the stock thrustmaster one you will probably feel more detail in the ffb,,

I modified a fanatec BMW Rim for my T300 ages ago and due to it being a very heavy rim i had to up the ffb a bit ,,but it worked just fine, http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/20228-fanatec-bmw-rim-to-thrustmaster-base-mod/

The pics are missing due to photobucket being greedy but if you click on the pics and go to my photobucket account i think they are around page 4.

Hi there! I just want to follow up this thread with another question relating to the wheelbases; are Fanatec wheelbases like Thrustmasters? Where in I need not worry about connecting the original wheel to have it recognized when using custom wheels?

Thanks again, mates!