Default setups are slow, were to get good setups?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

With so many cars and track combinations you're pretty much fresh out of luck finding many. PC1 was the same, few sites popped up with a handful of settings but nothing extensive with only a few cars and popular tracks. Few people care to share settings.

I've found the race engineer works very well at tweaking the settings the right amount to improve car performance. If you understand that most of the default car setups are designed for very stable cornering, which means understeer is giving you those slow times. Use the race engineer to affect those areas and you'll notice benefits.

44 minutes ago, Jeremy.Ford said:

With so many cars and track combinations you're pretty much fresh out of luck finding many. PC1 was the same, few sites popped up with a handful of settings but nothing extensive with only a few cars and popular tracks. Few people care to share settings.

I've found the race engineer works very well at tweaking the settings the right amount to improve car performance. If you understand that most of the default car setups are designed for very stable cornering, which means understeer is giving you those slow times. Use the race engineer to affect those areas and you'll notice benefits.

Yes, under steer especially in the chicanes and in some slow corners are giving me grief big time.  I sim race with a wheel. I will give the race engineer option a try. Thankfully, the settings are not as daunting as was the case with PC1.

3 hours ago, Gpruitt54 said:

Yes, under steer especially in the chicanes and in some slow corners are giving me grief big time.  I sim race with a wheel. I will give the race engineer option a try. Thankfully, the settings are not as daunting as was the case with PC1.

I agree, I had a terrible time in PC1 setting up cars. It was too easy to overdo the changes and make the car worse. That's a good thing about the race engineer, he'll only adjust things by small amounts. The race engineer just covers certain car adjustments, but it's enough to notice the changes.