Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gran Turismo 5 Discussion

214 posts in this topic

I have 3 PS3's and 2 game copy's i have 2 42inch LCD tv's if i were going to do tripes i would need to barrow my Bros tv 40 inch or their 50 and i think it would be a lot of set up just to get it to work. is it only Arcade mode or all modes GT life ??? You guys tryed that " Remote Racing from a Web Browser "

I couldn't get the remote racing to work. Something about shared drivers

Foxzero how was playing on a 3d tv? did it help with the depth for cornering?

Horrible actually. Strength and parallax have to be set manually and the only way to test it is to start a race. I tried looking in the TV manual for for the parallax number but nothing was listed and I gave up. Not to mention using 3D drags the frame-rate down, though one could argue that's not a big deal when you have the advantage of depth perception.

I did however try Moterstorm and WipeOut in 3D and it was interesting. The strength was set to high by default on both games so everything looked fine up close, but distant objects split. This is somewhat expected as everyone perceives depth differently. It was a somewhat underwhelming in Moterstorm. With the chase cam my car looked like a puny toy, switching to hood cam fixed that. 2D foliage and sprites look AWFUL in 3D! That's an issue with playing any game in 3D, but there's a ton of 2D foliage in Moterstorm. I DID notice cornering went a little smoother.

WipeOut made my head spin, but man does it look good in 3D! I didn't play with the settings and had the slit image issue, but everything near the camera looked so life like. Corners literally came to me. It was quite exhilarating. I'll have to set it up right when I get a chance.

One thing I did notice while playing was that you eyes have to adjust when glance at the HUD and then readjust when looking back into the distance. I wasn't expecting that. It's immersive, but it can be problematic since it takes an extra second to look info.

The worst thing about these shutter glasses is that you can't use them in the daytime. The flickering lights around have been known to induce headaches and I couldn't keep the glasses on for more than a few minutes.

I may give NVidia's 3D set up a chance since you can adjust various settings on the fly, and it works decently with Oblivion, my favorite game. Not sure if I want to give up my CRT though, it looks so perfect in motion, no response times, no input lag, 85-100hz, how could I give that up?

Sorry to get of topic a little bit, just sharing my PS3 3D experience.

I just started GT5 for the first time:) I was wondering, what is the difference between a spec and b spec? are they just same career with different difficulty? or they are complete different things?

Hi,

the difference between A-Spec and B-Spec is that in A-Spec you drive the races by your own and in B-Spec you create a driver who drives "by AI" and you are the teamchef. So in B-Spec you can give advice to your driver to push, or to stay calm. In endurance races you can also influence the pit stop strategy.

The career races are basically the same. But the length and sometimes the rules differ from A-Spec.

Hope that answers your question :)

Thanks alot! So you don't get to drive at all and you just watch my driver race for 20 min? 0_0

i found it actually quite addictive & amusing to 'watch' the races quite enjoyed B-Spec

Finally got into some a-spec today.

I brought the XL edition of GT5, so it came with Red Bull x1 2011.... and turns out you can use it at the very beginning of A Spec, which probably might be considering as cheating:( But I'll try to get the Ferrari F1 Cars asap and then maybe have a normal career from then til 40:)

Any one care to have some race some times? :)

PSN:Mc_Keha

Version 2.06 has been released. From GT Planet:

- It is now possible to adjust the race BGM and sound effect volume from "Quick Options" during a race.

- A save data backup feature has been added.

- Compatibility for the sequential shift mode of the Guillemot "TH8 RS" gear shifter has been added.

- A "Performance Difference Adjustment" has been added to the rewards for seasonal events. (Applies only to seasonal events held after this update)

- Force feedback for the "Driving Force™GT", "GT FORCE®Pro", "G25 Racing Wheel", " G27 Racing Wheel", and " T500 RS" steering wheel controllers have been improved.

- The categorisation of a car after racing modifications are performed will now change from that of tuned car to racing car.

- The off-track shortcut penalty has been revised.

- A new GT5 Photo Stream service has been started on gran-turismo.com. Photographs taken in photo mode and set to "Share" will now appear in a list on a webpage viewable by all visitors.

- GT5 Photo Stream

[Correction of Known Issues]

- Corrected a problem where Karts and Ferrari F1 cars could drive together with other cars in the lounge

- Corrected a rarely occurring issue in which the system freezes when exiting the lounge

- Corrected a problem where you could purchase the tyres of the 125 SPL racing Kart in the tuning parts shop(Tyres purchased previously will now become invalid)

- Corrected a problem in which the straight-line stability of the Lancer Evolution X was decreased when using a steering wheel controller

- Corrected an issue where wrong colour dirt and snow tyre wheels were displayed on some cars when the wheels were changed

- Corrected an issue where starts in electric cars are delayed when accelerator operation is performed with controllers other than a steering wheel controller pedal

- Corrected a rarely occurring issue where the system would freeze at the end of a race

- Corrected an issue where it becomes difficult to hear your own car when driving with other racecars in online races, etc.