Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gran Turismo 5 Discussion

214 posts in this topic

Gran Turismo is not a fully fledged WRC game. We'll probably get at most, 2 or 3 stages, but most will be rally cross stages as it always has been in Gran Turismo. I've addressed the 20 tracks issue in the E3 show thread, where the 20 locations, doesn't match the 70 variations that Polyphony is quoting, and it seems the term 'location' doesn't represent just tracks.

Gran Turismo is not a fully fledged WRC game. We'll probably get at most, 2 or 3 stages, but most will be rally cross stages as it always has been in Gran Turismo. I've addressed the 20 tracks issue in the E3 show thread, where the 20 locations, doesn't match the 70 variations that Polyphony is quoting, and it seems the term 'location' doesn't represent just tracks.

My only concern with GT5 is the rally physics. I've heard the tire on tarmac is good but the dirt handling still feels like ice. :|

Hey pleople, I got and updatet of what GT5 prsented in Gamescon, and there is going to be go-karts and course maker, qhich is not a tool to make one of your own from scratch. but you can tel them the region, how many corners per serctor, all the details and you hit the creat buton and it will make a track with your specifications, and you can hit the buton as many times as you want untill it suits your likes.

can't wait to see if I can make the track of Los Hermanos Rodriguez qhere F1 used to race here in Mexico XD

btw, the karting looks and sounds fun XD

ADD: it will also have som protoripes from '67, and they Monza in the game

Knowing is exaggerated, but I do not think, that there is a Co - Drivermode.

Not even regular rallygames have that If I remember rightly.

But I guess, that It would be a good thing, so lets hope (if this is not featured in GT5) that GT6 will have this feature.

TDU 2 will have something like a co - drive thing, so I really hope, that some other games will pick up that idea.

HI does any one know if theirs a 3 screen link mode for GT5 cause I have 3 PS3's I think Forza had something like that :lol:

Aparently Kaz Yamaguchi states that it has not been finalised, but there is a possibility that it will be in the final game.

GT5 is going to have a Web site called something like" Grand turismo anywair ,My Home " it's going to awesome B- spec mod on the web this is what I have read about it so far

the My Home section of the game, you’ll be able to access Messages, Logs, Mail, Profile, A personal lounge, photo album, course album, gifts and a friends list.

•Weather changes include temperature differences, air pressure changes, and humidity, affecting the surface conditions of the track dynamically.

•Weather conditions are randomized. Forecasts for your race will be available but may not be entirely accurate, just like the real world.

:shock:

I'm a huge fan of GT4 but there are still some things that bother me

it kinda sucks that the rally races are once again circuits .... how hard would it have been to design some decent stages? - if they really really needed the WRC to be on a course why not have a special stage that takes place in an arena like X-GAMES or the opening super specials that take place in Portugal or Japan - those types of stages exist and fit perfectly within the spirit of GT .... or why even have rally in the game?

my other big grip with the franchise is putting so many beautifully modeled mediocre cars in the games that won't really get used .... I'm sure they put a lot of work into them - how bought some non-competitive driving in-game mode that would allow you to test-drive cars on real-world locations with traffic etc. (driving through cities - scenery) - these cars have almost no purpose in the game as it is. The game is so geared towards circuit racing and upgrades but I know I won't use 80 percent of the cars in the game because they are slow .... so what's the point of them?

Really looking forward to GT5 and iv been waiting long enough for it.

Sony and Polyphony claim Gran Turismo is "The Real Driving Simulator" i can jump in my car outside for a Driving Simulation, how about for GT6 they change to "The Real RACING Simulator". Basically what im trying to say is yeah its nice having pristine cars and tracks to look at but at the end of the day id rather have close competitive racing vs 24 cars on or offline. Now i havnt played GT5 yet so this may not be the case and i might be pleasantly surprised but if its like GT5P then i might be dissapointed, i mean it really shouldnt be as that was released nearly 3 years ago :shock:

Iv been playing F1 2010 over the last week and wow i was really blown away by it and enjoyed it immensely playing it has just wetted my appetite for GT5 even more. I will reserve judgement on GT5 until it comes out but we have waited so long for it and its been so hyped up are some of us in store for an inevitable disappointment :?:

Funny you should mention GT5 Prologue, it made me instantly remember a very funny video I had seen on YouTube regarding Grid Vs GT5 Prologue.

I have both and Prologue was a huge disappointment, as you mentioned, hopefully the full GT5 is a LOT better.

Here's the video mentioned..... have a good laugh, that's what this is intended as! :lol:

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

The only problem with all these delays is people's expectations as to how good GT5 will be might be getting so high that there's no way GT5 (or any other title) will meet those extremely high expectations. Same goes for Movies that have been hyped so much that when you see it, you walk away disappointed where if there would have been no hype, the movie would have been enjoyed due to no expectation.

I'm expecting many people to be disappointed by GT5 for this reason, people's expectations are getting too high and no matter how good the title might be, it'll fall short of those incredibly high expectations.

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

yea lets not loose our heads.....

its just going to be the same old Gran Turismo for me .... except for better graphics for the most part

the best parts of GT series will be there and so will the weaknesses of it

hundreds of cars you won't drive because they are slow, no real rally courses - just like GT4 .... etc. etc.

my real hope is that they will make good choices with the menu music ... and have more like the old ps1 games and not the elevator music / jazz stuff from Gt4 .....

according to Bestbuy email I just received the new date is 12/31/2010. Now do not hold me up for it and I guess this is not even new official date but I guess it could be kind cool to play it om NY Eve, that is if this date will stick and BB will ship it to me in time.

according to Bestbuy email I just received the new date is 12/31/2010. Now do not hold me up for it and I guess this is not even new official date but I guess it could be kind cool to play it om NY Eve, that is if this date will stick and BB will ship it to me in time.

in the page of the retailer store where I buy my games here in Mexico, it says that they will get it december the 10th, so with your date, I don't want to think this guys will have me wating so long. let's just hope that they anounce a date soon and that is not untill the very end of the year