Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gran Turismo 5 Discussion

214 posts in this topic

I didn't get the wheel until Dec.24th, but since then I now know that I could never ever go back to the gamepad. I will agree that I am faster (as of now) with the gamepad, but I am getting better with the wheel. I love it that the lights work in the GT5 time trial download. My father in law built me a wheel stand for Christmas which I might add makes sitting in my chair with pillows behind my back feel much better (I have a bad back) while I am driving. I have GT4 and thought I would try that with the wheel, but it wouldn't work, so I went to the Logitech website and GT4 is supported so I guess I had better go back and try again. The full version of GT5 is going to be great, and I agree that GT5 is a system seller. I am going to go try GT4 again, at least until Episode 55........and 56 are up and running ;) , and then I will be watching those episodes. Keep up the great work!!!!

MY opinion on GT5 FFB, It is hard to determine the edge of tire adhesion and next thing you know you are coming around. I've been playing a lot of Shift lately and that may have some to do with it but even when I was running Prologue frequently, I felt there was something... for lack of a better word... different.

well it's nice to complain about delays and all but at least they are taking the time to get it right rather than rushing it and giving us crap, take Valve for example, almost all of their games have been delayed (and by a looooong time too) and look how awesome they are, just food for thaught

"a delayed game is eventually good, a crap game is forever..." - Gabe Newel

After watching the episode on Forza 3 I really got excited about Drag Racing and thought it would be nice to have it in Gran Turismo 5, but didn't really expect it. The other day I decided to put in my old GT4 game (which I had lost my memory card for), so I thought I would start a brand new game since I received my first wheel (G27) for Christmas. When I first booted it up I had to upscale the graphics but they still weren't that good. I played for about 10 minutes and then for some reason I never even gave the graphics a second thought, I was just having fun building up my car. Now I will get to what I wanted to say before about the Drag Racing.......it is actually in GT4 and I had totally forgotten that it was there, so now I am more excited for GT5 because I am sure (or hope at least) that Drag Racing will be in the final build. This last comment is for the SRT guys.......I just bought my first Camaro in GT4 and have put in a Turbo Charger and am winning at least the beginning level races, but I still have more to do to get it just right. I will have fun with GT4 until GT5 comes out, and I think I should be well into GT4 before I have to worry about switching over to GT5. One last question I had about GT4......I use to play it on my normal TV and I don't ever remember the hood or bonnet view, it always seemed like it was looking at your car or looking at the road in front. Now for some reason I have a hood view and was wondering if 1) it was in there and I just forgot or 2) with the upscaling on my HD TV did that make it so that view was possible. Remember I forgot that it had Drag Racing, so I could have forgotten this too (I'm old guys :D ). I want GT5 real bad, but I would rather they did everything right so the game will be fantastic and I believe a system seller (I could be wrong on that too).

I am pretty excited about the Indy car support leaked! They are throwing everything but the kitchen sink in the game. I guess when you have FIVE YEARS to work on something, you can fit a LOT in there.

I am pretty excited about the Indy car support leaked! They are throwing everything but the kitchen sink in the game. I guess when you have FIVE YEARS to work on something, you can fit a LOT in there.

I read that today too and thought it was cool. Now make sure there is Drag Racing in the game something like "Pinks all out" style drag racing.

If you count all the GT series it's more than 5 years ;-)

someone needs to make a real drag racing game.. The Forza 3 drags were a tease..

I read that today too and thought it was cool. Now make sure there is Drag Racing in the game something like "Pinks all out" style drag racing.

I am with you Darin, I really want Drag Racing big time. I went back and am playing GT4 again and playing a little of the drag racing there, and hope that they do another more in depth one for GT5.

someone needs to make a real drag racing game.. The Forza 3 drags were a tease..

With the amount of time spent on it and the general nature of the GT series, it's almost safe to assume not only will GT5 feature a robust drag racing elements, but Jet Ski, Helicopter and saddled dolphin racing in addition to other things they can fit on a Blu Ray disc.

Or it will leave many of us wondering what the hell was the wait for. I have Prologue and it's good but there are titles out now that make it seem second rate. One thing that kills me about even the current GT5 TT is the sounds. What the heck is up with GT sounds!! They're horrible.

Prologue was a real cheap cash-in.

As a stand-alone game, it may be worth $40, but compared to the $60 price of a full game, and what prologue lacks, it borders somewhere between GT demo and GT minigame. Of course I bought it. :P

I'm really hoping the time taken is really being put to good use and not a rework of everything that ultimately winds up not much better than Prologue in full form. Which is still good enough for me, but does leave me wondering where tf it's been. The vids so far look great, but we'll see when it hits our TV's.

Gran Turismo 5 Delayed =>Link<=

Sony has delayed the planned March release of PS3 flagship racer Gran Turismo 5.

The Polyphony Digital developed title had been due to launch in Japan on March 31, the final day of Sony’s fiscal year, with a western launch expected shortly after.

I would not mind some Drag Racing in GT5,The Forza one was not that good to me,at least you got some type of drag racing,I can't wait for GT5,I got it preorder for Chirstmas with my PS3 Slim,

I don't know how many of you have already seen this, but check this out.

"Data Logger Visualization Technology" Is phenomenal and shows off how accurately modeled the tracks in GT5 will be.

I still like Forza (btw, Sorry Darin! :oops: ), but with a rumored more extensive photomode than Forza 3 and this new feature, I think Gran Turismo might retake the crown!

That video shows me how flat the track is in GT5. Its like someone leveled the track perfectly. They should have spent some of the last five plus years on making sure the uneveness of the real world tracks was translated to the experience. Just looks at the drivers hands reacting to the track and the dash itself in the video and then at the game.

This is certainly not a GT5 only issue. But arguably if any console racer should get the tracks "right" and the experience perfectly it should be the one five years in development!

Here's the issue with camera to camera comparison, especially in that video. The angle isn't the same and there could be lens distortion (think of it as "Wide Angle" lens on a SLR camera). Still, since GT5 hasn't been released yet, it is hard to say whats right and whats wrong of it so far.

well after playing the time trial I can tell you, the road surfaces are not perfectly flat, there are some quite significant undulations on parts of the track

Great news GT fans!

A friend of mine who is a GT fanatic and a FM.net moderator told be there will be car clubs in-game!

So if Darin or Shaun wanted to put together an Inside Sim Racing club, he definitely could!

SWEET!

Its amazing what you can do with a blank check these days.

This game is going to be jaw dropping in every way. No company will ever have the resources to compete... I really wish the Indy car rumor had been true though.

Its amazing what you can do with a blank check these days.

This game is going to be jaw dropping in every way. No company will ever have the resources to compete... I really wish the Indy car rumor had been true though.

well... Turn 10 did make Polyphony and GT5 go back to the drawing board. Remember, this game was supposed to be out last year, but when they saw what Forza 3 had, they crapped themselves and decided to amp it up some more

Someone who know why the Gran Turismo games don`t have any Porsches? Porsche is one of the best manufacturers in the world, why not include them in the Gran Turismo games!!?? I really hope that there will be a Porsche or two in GT5!