Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gran Turismo 5 Discussion

214 posts in this topic

Can't wait for it, but the delay in release has pushed me into an Xbox360 purchase with Forza 3. I have been playing GT (all series) very extensivly, and has been my roots into my simracing career. I'll defenitly be lying infront of the stores when it comes out, or get a japanese copy :)

I downloaded the GT5P japan demo so long ago it seems ,then got the US disk GT5P got board of the same thing with that now I'm enjoying GT PSP I know it's GT4 butt knowing that my garage will transfer over to GT5 is giving me goose bumps just thinking about how much fun day 1 in GT5 will be.

GT5p is nice, and i just picked up GT4 for PS2 a couple days ago to keep me busy until GT5 comes. i've been playing GT4 for a couple days with my G27 and it feels great. if GT5 is anything like it then i'll be a happy man.

I am expecting my G27 to be here on Dec. 2 2009. I have GT5 Prologue to keep me busy till the full version of GT5 hits store shelves (3/31/10 hopefully). I know that they are going to have a bunch of new stuff including damage now, but after watching your review of Forza 3 I believe it was I really hope they integrate "Drag Racing" into the game. I remember way back when Activision brought out a drag racing game for the Atari 2600 and I played it all the time (back then it was cool, today it looks like crap), but I still loved it. I am glad that GT is finally getting damage because I think it should have been there way back when, but to reiterate again......... I WANT DRAG RACING :}. I also can't wait to get my G27 because I am a noobie and only have used the gamepad except of course in the arcades (when they were cool), and wanted to get a wheel that I could use real shifting with clutch and all. Keep up the great work and I can't wait for your 2nd part of the shootout on the wheels.

Hey Bubba..

Keep us posted on how you like racing with a wheel and pedals..

You should be getting it tomorrow !

Darin

I am expecting my G27 to be here on Dec. 2 2009. I have GT5 Prologue to keep me busy till the full version of GT5 hits store shelves (3/31/10 hopefully). I know that they are going to have a bunch of new stuff including damage now, but after watching your review of Forza 3 I believe it was I really hope they integrate "Drag Racing" into the game. I remember way back when Activision brought out a drag racing game for the Atari 2600 and I played it all the time (back then it was cool, today it looks like crap), but I still loved it. I am glad that GT is finally getting damage because I think it should have been there way back when, but to reiterate again......... I WANT DRAG RACING :}. I also can't wait to get my G27 because I am a noobie and only have used the gamepad except of course in the arcades (when they were cool), and wanted to get a wheel that I could use real shifting with clutch and all. Keep up the great work and I can't wait for your 2nd part of the shootout on the wheels.

Dec 17 thro Jan 25 contest to bad I'm going on vaction to switzerland for 2 weeks I'll only have a fue days to get it after I get back. I also read in that blog that not only psp gt cars get tranfered to GT5 also the cars from gt prolog go to GT5 that's grate news :mrgreen:

So I've been playing the GT5 demo for a little bit now and its pretty fun so far. I havent been able to find a comforable setup infront of the TV yet though so I will need to visit Ikea or something tomorrow :)

I am currently about 3350-ish on the leaderboards :S but I'm finding it wuite difficult to even get around the track without spinning out. Too much power in the corners and you end up in the corn field...

Has anyone tried this, and where are you in the standings?

I am a bit disappointed the G27 isn't fully supported. There is a picture in the setup for the wheel I just sold. (DFGT) I don't see how to access the H-Shifter or the Clutch. I hope it's supported in the final game or I guess I will not be picking it up.

I've put about 15 laps in and maybe half have seen me stay on track and not spin out. I'm using the Fanatec Porsche Turbo S wheel and it doesn't seem the clutch is supported at all, but I can use my 6-speed shifter. The car seems to be very easy to go to snap oversteer, it doesn't seem progressive at all.

I've managed to put in a time of around 1:54 and was ranked ~850 at that time earlier today

I tried it tonight and my best recorded time was 2:27 but I thought I did one lap better than that. Anyway, I too was missing certain corners. I found moving up FF made it seem more controllable. Part of my issue is that it takes me a number of practice laps to "learn" the track and get the right points to slow up so as to not miss a turn and not slow up too soon and lose time. Still, it looks great as I'd expect. I'm using a logitech wheel that doesn't even have petals. I think too if I stick with this long enough I'll want that new Fantastic wheel that works on all platforms..then I'd also get a nice stand at least to mount it to so I can move it between my machines.

(Oh something funny related sort of to GT...I was at the dentist this morning and it turns out he plays Grand Turismo. On my way out I wrote down a bunch of links for him.)

In the time trial demo the G27 is supported (not officially, hense no picture) except the clutch, this is the same with the G25. Reason for it is to keep it even for everyone with a wheel otherwise us clutch users may have an advantage like we do in GT5P. But thats just for this time trial.

The G27's paddles now work in the demo (they didn't in GT5P) and so does the LED shift lights. H pattern does work but I don't bother because the lack of clutch in the demo.

The tuned 370Z has a tendancy to turn-in oversteer (usually under heavy trail in braking) which is pretty snappy, apply or prod the throttle (left foot brake) to prevent it. This seems to be the way PD tuned the car (which we cant adjust in the demo).

big problem, my brakes are sticking on my clubsport peddles, i think its after an accident, mabe its part of damage? this is on the gt5 demo, i like everything else, i love the difficulty

Got the G27 sorted out for the demo. I'd like to know what your setting were and if you liked the way the car drives. The physics and force feedback seemed really bad. I fired up iRacing to compare and there was really no comparison. The iRacing car and the track "feel" are leaps ahead of the GT5 demo. Going to fire up the demo and play with the settings some more. The GT5 replay was sure nice looking :)

Actually I just set the steering to simulation and turned all the assists off and it was quite a bit better. There seems to be very little track feel and a lot of centering force. I had the force Feedback from 10 to 5 and the steering always felt stiff with very little road feedback. Anyway I was hoping this would approach the level of iRacing but so far from the demo I feel that it has not. Hopefully the final product will be better.

--Shoki

If you want to configure controls select the Driving Force pro wheel in the options, you just need to know which buttons are the equivalents.

Here is a button configure chart for the G25

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/3650/gt4wheel011.jpg

The other wheel settings (first picture on the left of all the wheels) are not wheel specfic except the 'sim' option in the wheel menu, that is just for non 900 degree wheels like the original driving force. You can change any of the options as you wish.

The reason the G25/G27 (and Fanatec) wheels are not "officially" supported is because they're not a official GT wheels and never were. But Polyphony digital do have; and test the wheels, and they do function great anyway.

@ BlueDogRacing:

The demo doesn't feature damage at all (will in the full GT5), if the brakes are sticking then I'm not sure what could be causing it, maybe the peddles are sticking a little.