Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Using a joystick as a shifter/pedals

3 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm a newbie and wondering is it an option to use a joystick as a sequential shifter in iracing. I am currently using a DFGT wheel and dont like the little shifter.

Also does anyone have any thoughts on what you can use besides the rubbish DFGT pedals?

Cheers

well "stanchez47"~Sounds like your best option would be to perhaps just to buy a "G27" [if yer a logitech guy] or check out some of the Mid priced "Fanatecs" that come with the option of ordering yer choice of pedals,all the way up to the awesome "Club Sports",I know there are a LOT of Folks out there that really seem to HATE the pedals that come with the "DFGT",and while I agree they are far from stellar,I actually have absolutley 0 problems with them,[i also have no problems with the "Paddle Shifters" being more like Buttons then actual "Paddles] I also LOVE the sequential shifter of the "DFGT",and it's location allows me to make super fast shifts without taking my hand of the wheel for more than a millisecond,and though the "DFGT" may be considered a "Budget" wheel,I more or less prefer it's overall feel and setup over a lot of wheels costing twice as much,and NEVER feel at any disadvantage whatsoever when racing against guys using "G27's" or "Fanatecs"~though I have to admit the thought of getting my paws on a "Thrustmaster T500RS" seems to be stuck in my craw a LOT these days! hehe :lol: cheers and gr8 racing.

There is a program (FF Shifter) it turns a FFB Joystick (flightstick) into a H Shifter, and i belive there are other methods to use with non-ffb joysticks (for H and sequential), some detect the axis position and then they send out a keystroke (any key on your keyboard you choose to set) and you can set that later to be your gear-up/gear-down "button".