WRC7 so far i like it a lot!
1 1

4 posts in this topic

After several months of silence I feel the need to share my feelings for this new title.

Honestly i was very skeptical in pre-order WRC7 after the huge disappointment with Dirt4 that was pumped for several months giving me the impression and the the hope for a good title.

WRC4 /5 and 6 i really never played  because all the issue the we all know but  the new one  i start building some hope watching  some rare footage  where the comment were positive and the Dev were promising a much more realistic title from the previous one.

I found a not expensive pre-order key on Instant Gaming and for the same price of a bottle of wine i said lets take a chance again.

Well, I strongly believe they deliver and the totally meet my expectations. my idea of be able to follow the real WRC and racing in the same location during the actual WRC weekend is taking shape.

It is far from being a true sim like RBR  or a perfect title specially for the lack of USB devices support (hard to setup analog HB)  but can offer me  the same or even better experience than Dirt Rally.

Graphycs are good - Physics are good  - speed feeling very good - FFB and sound not that shabby, so for me this one is a winner.

I played DR for  about 1100 hours and  only 45 hours of Dirt4  and i can see me playing this one for very long.

I hope to see you soon on my friend leader-board to compare apples with apples!

a presto 

TT

Edited by TurboTurtle

Really good to hear this.  Unfortunately I've had no luck with getting my OSW detected by the game, won't even let me try and calibrate it.  I've also tried a few file edits that others had recommended for few other device types, but didn't work.  So I had to refund it.  Really too bad cause it does look pretty good.

About one month after the release and i still like the game but not as much.. 

Main problem here is the career that has no pizzazz,  Junior, R5 and WRC2017, in 3 steps you are done. Adding the special cars events i think it is a must but you cannot ever selected them in a custom championship.. that IMO is very bad!

No unlockables except the achievements make this game a bit dull, for sure OnLine and stronger AI can add the challenge but the motive is not really there. (Online are already corrupted and AI very inconsistent). The game definitely  miss the "Quest and Conquer " feeling.

Initially the game give you the impression to have huge contents with the long stages and 13 locations but at the end  in many cases the EPIC stages  are just two stages attached.  Some rallies they even repeat the same stage lets say day 1 and day 3. Remind me the first concert of Simply Red were they did not have enough songs to cover the whole concert and they were repeating the same songs over and over.

I did a little flash back on WRC6 and for sure the improvements are big,  specially narrow stages, physics and handling but is not as radical as they claimed. The interface it is very similar and seems to me they rehash the same salad adding a little bit of spices.

I hope for some DLC and FFB improvements otherwise i predict a long winter dedicated more to outdoor activities.

Edited by TurboTurtle

Late to the party I got it now as well. I like it quite a bit. The quick jump from junior to WRC was welcome. Continue to grind or move up! Move up thank you. The goals to make for better contracts is hardly ever a challenge though. 
Would be cool to be able to jump back to WRC 2 again as it sometimes feel that is the best car. I have of course not tried all WRC cars just the Toyota on one stage and I run the Ford currently. 

Stages I have already run enough epic stages to make it worth my 20 euro but as you say there is some copy and paste and some deja vu but if the option is to just run supershort codie 3min stages I gladly take it.
Feels wrong to criticize the game for something it does better then any title before it!

The best experience so far was Wales. A 15 km stage. In the middle I just climbed straight into Richard Burns Rally but with super hot graphics. Graphics is fully okay while driving nothing spectactular. Rain should look better but at that moment it was the most amazing thing I ever saw.

Only modern competition worth mentioning for this is Dirt Rally. I am able to run that with my HE pedals, shifter and OSW plus VR so with all that it has to be much worse to not feel better. TS-PC does a good job with WRC 7 though :)