Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need For Speed: Shift

123 posts in this topic

PS3, I have a lobby open now

cool. i was playing with a bunch of guys for a while. we had like 50 members or so in our group. it seems that everybody got fed up with all the bugs and quit playing. i'll try the game again after the patch gets released.

Guess I haven't noticed the bugs since I'm very new (just this week) and the main bugs I have are attached to my wrists. ;-)

cool. hopefully the patch will come out and fix the bugs before you start to notice them. :)

So what game are you playing online?

Right now i'm mostly playing Dirt 2 online.

I'm playing SuperCar Challenge offline until I feel i'm decent enough to race against people. I need to learn the tracks before i can go online and wrecks peoples day.

What are the three little icons on the lower right? There's a circle, a tire, and a car.

I don't rem which is which, but they are for ABS, traction control and stability control if I rem right. They light up when they become active when driving. They are off in PRO setting.

Hi Darin,

Thanks for your reply. For a while there the Universe began to feel like a vast and empty space. I'm fully intending to purchase this title. Other forums are reporting improvements to car handling along with other fixes. The slow framerate issues when 12 or more cars are present, on the PS3 at least, remain an issue. It would be interesting to find out if the better handling includes more realistic force feedback for that 'rubber meets the road' realism. Do let us know how you find the patch. I believe its version 1.02.

Regards,

Paul

Paul,

If they make improvements and some cool mods come out for it, we'll definitely re-visit it..

Darin

Hi Darin,

Thanks for your reply. For a while there the Universe began to feel like a vast and empty space. I'm fully intending to purchase this title. Other forums are reporting improvements to car handling along with other fixes. The slow framerate issues when 12 or more cars are present, on the PS3 at least, remain an issue. It would be interesting to find out if the better handling includes more realistic force feedback for that 'rubber meets the road' realism. Do let us know how you find the patch. I believe its version 1.02.

Regards,

Paul

Hi Friends!!

I wanna a suggestion regarding do I purchase the shift or not?

I have played the NFS MW 7 times but I don't like the NFS prostreet.

The controls of the prostreet were not good. I also played the NFS carbon that is also good one.

So, What do you think is the game is good to be purchase?

Also need the the help regarding computer configuration.

My system configuration is as below.

ATI Radeon X2100.

Motherboard M2A74-AM.

1Gb DDR2 667Mhz Ram.

AMD2+ 64x2 4000+ 2.1Ghz processor.

Will is be enough to play game nicely?

Thanks.

I had played this game as a rental in early November and then eventually bought it during the black Friday specials. I can attest to the difference since the latest patch. The game is more enjoyable. There are still some frame rate issues but nothing that a person can't live with. If you are thinking about whether or not you should get this title, get it.

Anyone playing on the PS3, go ahead and add me to your friends list - lartech. I'm still playing mostly offline but will be getting online in the coming days.

The guys here shld do an update for SHIFT with the 1.02 patch. It basically does what some of the performance/physics mods do. Here is a link to some of the files that have been changed.

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showt ... p?t=177492

For those who has not seen it, here is a vid I posted in the simtube area running just 1.02 and some cosmetic mods only.

In testing, forget about the career mode since the races are short and the AI is whacked. Set up a quick race for at least 10 laps with about 10-12 AI cars. In short races the AI is real aggressive. This way you can get a better feel of how the physics work and not worry too much about the aggressive AI.

Sweet drive.

Thanks, just a lot of time wasted... :D, Aggression is high due to the game considers drafting as aggression.

SHIFT2009-12-1313-30-47-64.jpg

There are really two ways you can play SHIFT. You can play Aggressive and the game turns into more arcade like or you can play Precision and then its more of a sim. You choose the style of game you want to play. If you want a real sim like vibe then add the real damage mod, but not rec since the AI will still ding you and you will be limping for the rest of the race. Maybe with no AI over a local LAN setup with friends (not online strangers)then the real damage mod would be desirable. As mentioned the cars, esp the AI cars seems too light at times, they tend to get air borned really too easily. Also a "turtled" car shld not be able to return to a race. Also the lack of wreck removal is a pain at times when a few AI cars get wrecked in a corner or on the track and they stay there thru the race.

EG: of no wreck control but still feel sim like to me (1.01 with mods) except the wrecks and lack of yellows

Also with the 1.02 patch, I do not find the AI as bad as they were before, they tend to avoid collisions if they can now rather the ram you. Maybe its just me, but they seem less aggressive with the new patch. But they are still kind of dumb when it comes to high power cars tho, they many time will rack up in the 1st major tight turn or go loose on long straights. These probms do not seem to occur with the AI in slower cars. Or maybe I am just reading too much into them . One thing about the AI which is nice in SHIFT is that they are not all super drivers and run on rails on the perfect line through the race, they will/do make mistakes unlike many other so call "SIM".

I have this for the PS3 and the Patch made a difference with the AI and some of the physics. There's still frame rate issues in the higher Tiers and with more cars on the track.

I would prefer if Damage was more then cosmetic. You shouldn't be able to hit something at speed and get back on the track and win the race!

I don't get the drafting as being agressive either.

I've been playing quick race lately. I enjoy running more laps on the track and conditions I want to race.

here is an interesting read posted by David Wright over at nogripracing. A link to an article on SHIFT. Long winded at times but a decent insight into SHIFT from some pple that get what SHIFT's is about. Other interesting items to read are the other software reviews and their wheel reviews of the G27 and Turbo S wheel. Again, long winded , maybe they are paid by the word... :D

http://www.autosimsport.net/index2/index.php

BTW text is small so bring a magifier. Their use of colors also make reading hard..

If you are into mods, here is one that will make the two boys tighten up between the legs during races.

Real damage (?) mod. Make you really think about driving clean and precise. No banging the AI to get in front, and you have to worry about the AI doing damage to you. So you will have to watch them in front along with them tailing you. Nothing worst then leading a 10 lap race and your car dies on the 9th lap... :roll:

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=22843

Seems to work with patch 1.02. But as always backup you files before applying the mod.

If you are into mods, here is one that will make the two boys tighten up between the legs during races.

Real damage (?) mod. Make you really think about driving clean and precise. No banging the AI to get in front, and you have to worry about the AI doing damage to you. So you will have to watch them in front along with them tailing you. Nothing worst then leading a 10 lap race and your car dies on the 9th lap... :roll:

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=22843

Seems to work with patch 1.02. But as always backup you files before applying the mod.

Hey you might be on to something... Have a little knocker that will knock you in the nuts if there is any contact. That would really make you think about driving clean and precise.