No TWISR since August 1
3 3

17 posts in this topic

Hello Enagee I spoke to John September 21st  and he said I Quote when new games stop taking up all our time... Hoping soon but Don't want to make promises, schedule still packed. I also spoke to Billy Strange and he said the same thing no time as of now when TWISR will return. And Yes I Agree Shaun Cole At The SimPit is Amazing I really Respect The Way He Treats All Of the Pit Crew Members Not to mention how much time he spends with US on a weekly Basis. 

Edited by ELBUCHO1

Thanks for the info @ELBUCHO1 ....thats fair enough, guys are doing a great job but feels like there trying to do more than they can and the show was lacking consistency.  Be better if the show was once a month. 

Am guessing since theres new owners of the brand changes are taking place....Anyway  i've given up checking for weds show .

Edited by enagee

man almost forgot about inside sim racing, reviews are great and all but weekly or fortnightly show keeps the brand going i feel it is slowly fading away. 

I have moved on I think the SIM Pit is the new leader in SIM Racing news and weekly race events If you don't follow Shaun Cole and the SIM Pit give it a chance. Billy Strange is even racing with us weekly and is usually in Chat and in The Patreon Discord link. IT's the place to be with 24hrs a day 7 days a week members from all over the world shared race setups technical help and just a really good group of people the SIM Pit has a live daily show Monday thru Friday discussing today's SIM news at 11:00am central time zone .

Edited by ELBUCHO1
Spelling

Watch to the end of the latest video, John has left ISR for a regular job hence the absence of video content. ISR maybe owned by another entity but it's run by the ISR hosts, so ISR was John Sabol when Darin went his own way. The owners will need to find new staff so it's currently reduced to a sim racing forum.

Edited by Jeremy.Ford

I haven't had a chance to watch or listen to the podcast version yet but if that's the case, then basically the soul of ISR is gone. Whatever you think of Darin, I saw John and Billy as the faces of the organisation for a while and now that both are gone, it's going to take something special to recreate what it was. 

Good luck to whoever is running it now, but I kind of get the feeling that this move was a business decision by someone in the industry to consolidate their products / service. Time will tell I guess. I doubt we will see ISR return to its former glory but you never know. 

On 1/22/2018 at 9:41 AM, isamu said:

At the end of the day the bottomline is, Shaun won!

Wow... bitter sweet. That was a rough change.

Watching the end of the last TWISR right now. I remember when John just started and how stiff he was, what a huge contrast. I know he came into it over the first year but it's been a while since I was/had time to follow and race myself. Good luck to ya John!