F7 on PC

7 posts in this topic

Ok so I tried it . I am able to assign the steering (Direct Drive wheel) as well as my aftermarket pedals and shifter and also the buttons on my wheel which is as advertised . Pedals,shifter and buttons on wheel work perfectly and steering . The only down fall i am not getting any FFB effects at all thru the Direct Drive motor I have tried different profiles that I have on MMOS and even made a new profile for F7 still no FFB effects coming thru. . I can drive the vehicles with no feeling what so ever . Not sure if its a game setting or just not set up with in the demo . I also switched from custom control input and tried different preset wheel options with in the input option (CSW V2 , V2.5 and some T.M ) no luck  . I'm running demo on PC. Sounds good and looks amazing  . Finally also noticed no triple screen support or stretch image across triple setup, I know its a demo just hoping these issues will be available on consumer release  

Yea I fired it up as well with the TS-XW.  Same feeling (and demos) from E3.  FFB feels ok until the car goes into a wheel vibrating death push.  After driving PCARS2 for three days straight, not very impressed (and PCARS2 isn't perfect either).  I was also a little confused/disappointed about triple screen support.  Hoping when they said "triple screen support" that it's actually triple screen support and not just screen stretching.  It is so damn pretty though.  I think it's the prettiest racing game I've ever seen.

I had the same problem with forza Horizon3 using the CSW v2.5 with Porsche Rim ---> the funny thing is when i used the XBox 1 Hub FFB and all worked as it should so this may be a MS thing that bans certain wheels because the game can be played on PC vs Xbox1 online.... is there a list of supported wheels for PC???

I wanted to try the Demo on PC but the Windows Creator update is Screwing My PC... My 1070 Sli set up wasn't working right with it so i rolled back to the earlier build.... Probably just some settings i Needed to adjust but i didnt feel like tinkering with it.

Edited by GrimeyDog

So it detected my OSW, and my pedals, and my shifter.  But... the pedals appear to be inverted in game (and I can't find how to fix that).  And the FFB wheel has zero feedback (not even centre spring, need to add in MMos).  And when ever you touch the keyboard (or a gamepad) it ignores the wheel/pedal setup until it's pressed/moved again.

So there's some odd things going on.  Hopefully find/hear a fix about the inverted pedals and lack of FFB.  Would like to give the demo a try... but otherwise confirms it'll be a no go for me and my setup.

On 9/19/2017 at 9:21 PM, John Sabol said:

I was also a little confused/disappointed about triple screen support.  Hoping when they said "triple screen support" that it's actually triple screen support and not just screen stretching.

Hi John, I'd like to know where you heard them say that it would support triple screens as I have never heard them say that. I have not played Forza since 4 when it last had triple screen support so I was excited to hear it rumored that it might be back in, but of course it isn't. Their PC specs press release on 8/20 said 'support for multiple monitors, 21:9 displays' so 'Multiple monitors' sure sounded like it might be triple screen support though.

John, can you tell me what wheel settings you settled on for your Thrustmaster wheel?  Also, did you go with Simulation or Normal steering?

Just saw the review BTW.  Excellent as always (I didn't watch to the very end due to my 4 y/o, so sorry if you already answered this!). 

FM4 is actually what got me into sim racing, and I still keep hoping they'll get back to that level of excellence.